[MOVIE] Inglourious Basterds

Status
Not open for further replies.

synergy

Fully Optimized
I'm super excited to see this. Quentin Tarantino is my hero and a WWII movie from him is bound to be epic!

What's the story:

This stylishly violent World War II epic weaves together two different storylines. An adolescent Jewish girl escapes to Paris after witnessing her family's brutal death at the hands of Nazi Colonel Hans Landa. There she reinvents herself as the owner of a movie theater and plots her revenge. At the same time, Lt. Aldo Raine leads a group of Jewish-American misfit soldiers undertake a "shock and awe" campaign behind enemy lines, torturing and brutally killing Nazis in an attempt to demoralize the Reich.

Three Good Reasons

1. For many moviegoers, Quentin Tarantino is reason enough, and he intends for this film to be his masterpiece. He calls it "some of the best writing I've ever done."
  2. Think of this manic revenge fantasy as the antidote to the rather depressing glut of soberly factual Holocaust films that crowded the holiday season.
  3. Finally, superstar Brad Pitt gets to actually work with Tarantino -- he had previously appeared only in the single script (True Romance) that the writer himself did not direct.
YouTube - Inglourious Basterds - Official Trailer [HD]

Re: Inglourious Basterds

YES. I can't wait to see this. I remember when I first saw the trailer, I was drooling to see it immediately.

By the way, embedding that video is disabled apparently. :p

"We're gonna be doing one thing. Killin' nah-zies."

Wow this movie will be great. Just for the messed up HOLY BLEEP moments we will see. I love those in his movies.

By the way, embedding that video is disabled apparently. :p
Yea, I saw that. I linked to the video.

You know there's going to be plenty of over-the-top language and violence. How better to portray WWII :p I wonder if he'll incorporate his signature spaghetti western music and style into this one...haha!

Added the movie part to the title. At first when i read it looked like a swear filter bypass and i was about to go postal. :p

Quintin movie, must see for me. Need redemption after Kill Bill.

I really want to see this but it does **** me off that its Americans doing this when its way more likely to be British or French led, Hollywood tends to make British war stories into American operations through the magic of "based on actual events"

Added the movie part to the title. At first when i read it looked like a swear filter bypass and i was about to go postal. :p
haha...sorry about that. Didn't even cross my polluted mind. :D You know...infraction dodging is my specialty!

I really want to see this but it does **** me off that its Americans doing this when its way more likely to be British or French led, Hollywood tends to make British war stories into American operations through the magic of "based on actual events"
I agree. If Hollywood were in London or Paris instead of Los Angeles then the movie world would be entirely different. However, that being said, I doubt there will be an ounce of historical accuracy in this movie...just tons of guts and F bombs.

I'm just excited to see Diane Kruger in a raunchy film :eek:

I wonder if he'll incorporate his signature spaghetti western music and style into this one...haha!
To answer my own question:
Wikipedia said:
The director has repeatedly stressed that despite it being a war film, the movie will be his "spaghetti-western but with World War II iconography".<sup id="cite_ref-3" class="reference">[4]</sup> In addition to spaghetti-westerns, the film also pays homage to the World War II "macaroni-combat" sub-genre (itself heavily influenced by spaghetti-westerns), as well as films by Jean-Luc Godard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom