mountain Bikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
What are the fastest a 21 speed mountain bike can go?

I am looking to upgrade my bike so i can do what that one guy did on that one video i saw.

He outran the cops.

all depends on how fast you can pedal. Also, you can go much faster going down a hill. I've gone 40+mph down a hill on my bike.

It depends on the person.

My brother is really fit, and he can go 30 KM/H on his 1-speed BMX on the school track (large circle track).

I can barely go 15KM/H on my 24-speed K2 Mountain Bike.

I've got a 1999 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo.
1999_Gary_Fisher_Hoo_Koo_E_Koo-bikes.jpg

It's held up very well in almost 8 years of heavy usage. I love this bike. hopefully it lasts a few more years.

talldude123 said:
It depends on the person.

My brother is really fit, and he can go 30 KM/H on his 1-speed BMX on the school track (large circle track).

I can barely go 15KM/H on my 24-speed K2 Mountain Bike.

Thats not true...

Just becuase one guy weighs 200 pounds and is all fat and the other is 200 pounds of pure muscle, it does not automatically mean the "fit" person will go faster.

Your brother probably peddles 10x the rate you do and you probably also suck at shifting anyway....

it depends on wheel size, tires, gear ratios, strength, leg length....probably some more factors too. upgrading your equipment is only one piece of the equation

I have a KHS Flite 500 (road bike)
it's not a mountain bike, but it is 24 speed, and the gear ratios are pretty high. Im on gear 24 basically all the time unless I'm stopped or accelerating
I beat the bus to and from school on it.

2001_KHS_Flite_500.jpg

that's what it looks like, except the front fork is silver (the original one got bent out of shape and had to be replaced - and they didn't have any blue forks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom