Mother's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

macraigma

In Runtime
Saw this brought up in a few other threads, figured I'd make one dedicated to Mother's Day.

What are you getting/doing for your Mom? Or if you are the Mom, what do you think you will get/do?

I'm giving my mother a desktop and laptop. And no, I didn't spend $1,500.

For the desktop, I had a board I wasn't using, hs/f, PSU and RAM. Just bought a nice case, new hdd and dvd-rw.

For the Laptop, I had my old Dell Vostro 1500 sitting around, just collecting dust. I just had to get a new wireless card and battery off ebay.

For both, I put Win 7 Pro on.

Gonna be a lean Mother's Day this year. My mom and her mom will be getting a card. I asked my wife what she would like to have and she said a new push lawnmower... we'll get it, but it may be a bit before we can afford it.

Me? Drink? LOL! You haven't got me figured out at all, mate.

Having no job for the past 16 months makes buying gifts impossible for now.

Let see the wife got something. She bought it online and it was what she wanted. All i know is it cost me a paycheck. Which was about $400. She is happy that is all that matters.

My sister gets a card and a night away from the kids. ;) That is worth more than any gift.

That about covers it.

My mom doesn't want to cook, so we're going to my sister and her husband's house where she will prepare everything. Also she said she wanted a new set of silverware, so us four kids pitched in and got the one I thought was the best. Also, I will be doing the laundry for her today.

We're heading to my sister-in-law's tomorrow for a cook out. Her husband will be doing the grilling so I won't have to fool with any of the cooking. I'm looking forward to some good burgers... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom