Most troops favor Irar Withdrawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are doing their jobs, yes..... and i have immense respect for that. But it should be reasonable for them to expect that they won't be but in a hopeless situation, which some of the soldiers feel Iraq is right now.

Just because I don't believe Iraq is going to have a successful "democracy" doesn't mean I hate Bush. And I'm not whining. It's all about questioning the decisions the gov't makes. Iraq couldn't question Hussein when he rose to power and look what happened to them.

In this country, we have the power and the right to question things that happen. You can't just sit back and assume everyone knows what they're doing, becuase they DON'T. Some of the best advice I was ever given was, "Question everything you know."

We have seen countless examples of our government's (not just the Bush admin.) incompetence. There is absolutely no reason to believe they're always doing the right thing.

i'm not gonna state my political side because it'll do no good, but i will say this

If they didn't want to go, then why did they join? No drafting was done other than those that were already signed up. It was THEIR choice.

TheMajor said:
I used to love those cookies.

Yeah, America is doing a great job here. First they invade Afghanistan "to kill Osama bin Laden" lol. Then coincidentally they decide to take care of Saddam because of his nuclear weapons and because he's a bad leader... and now they are threatening Iran to quit their nuclear program. What a coincidence. And "just in time" the president of Iran is saying bad stuff about jews, so maybe they should invade his country too, now that they have 2 reasons. Here comes the World police.

TeamAmerica.jpg

Haha, perhaps you miss the rest of the world telling Iran to knock it off as well. The United States is not all to blame for every problem there is, half of the crap around the world was Europe's fault in the first place.

One assumes that as a soldier you wont be exploited for monetary gains, foolish politics, and other things of that nature. In the real world though, I think after decades of history showing to the contrary, as a soldier you **** sure better expect to become an expendable worthless pawn and no, the president doesnt care what your motivation is, just long as you do the job. Most people get sidetracked by al the surface noise and side issues, its so much easier to do that than take a look at whats going on and not liking what you see.

Crysalis said:
If they didn't want to go, then why did they join? No drafting was done other than those that were already signed up. It was THEIR choice.

Im sure some people joined to go to Iraq/afghanistan, but the majority was already enlisted before the war started. Most people join because of the benefits associated with the military. ie: free college, etc. It was their choice to join the army, but I'm sure many soldiers didn't choose to go to Iraq, they were forced to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom