Most troops favor Irar Withdrawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

molsen

Do work.
Most troops favor Iraq Withdrawl

From Jacksonville's CONSERVATIVE newspaper:

"Nearly three out of four America troops serving in Iraq think U.S. forces should withdraw within a year, and more than one in four say the United States should leave immediately, according to a new poll published Tuesday...Twenty-three percent agreed with President Bush's call for troops to stay 'as long as they were needed'..."

I know there were several people here that held the position that the troops morale was high. This poll doesn't reveal morale, but it does reveal some other things.

Please don't attack me on my political beliefs for this post. I'm just reporting the news, that's all.

Let's be civil....

more specific figures:

Should leave immediately: 29%
Leave within six months: 22%
Leave in six to twelve months: 21%
Should follow Bush's advice: 23%

Everyone would love to see the troops come home. I don't see how they think pulling out now is going to do any good. He's not keeping them there just to spite blathering democrats... We're the world's peacekeepers... In addition, I have strong suspicions about "Jacksonville's Conservative Newspaper."

Ryan

The World's Peacekeepers..... interesting...never heard that term before.

I didn't say the troops were there out of spite for democrats. In fact, I don't even know that many democrats that say we should pull out immediately. Those that do probably don't understand much about what's going on.

The interesting part is the fact that it's not a political side that's saying these things. This is what the troops are saying. Right or wrong, I have no place to say (nor does anyone other than the top officers in Iraq right now).

Florida Times-Union is what the newspaper is called. I don't know what suspicions you could possible have about it. I call it conservative because it blatantly has a conservative agenda most of the time.

b.t.w the survey was not conducted by the newspaper

molsen said:
I didn't say the troops were there out of spite for democrats. In fact, I don't even know that many democrats that say we should pull out immediately. Those that do probably don't understand much about what's going on.

Florida Times-Union is what the newspaper is called. I don't know what suspicions you could possible have about it. I call it conservative because it blatantly has a conservative agenda most of the time.

b.t.w the survey was not conducted by the newspaper

The first part I have quoted: Right on. I wasn't pinning that on you, so don't get me wrong.

The second part... I personally am not familiar with that semi-local newspaper being from the Kansas City, Missouri region. If it is conservative, that is extremely rare. The media is generally an overwhelming wave of liberalism. The only strongholds the conservatives have is private newsletters, Fox News, and AM Radio. The trouble is, TV stations like Fox aren't conservative at all. They show both sides, and the left's points break down faster.

Third part: Right on. I trust surveys and polls about as much as a 100 year old rotten wooden bridge in the rain.

Ryan

I like the idea of pulling out within a year or maybe two years, but pulling out immediately would be a disaster. Whatever is done, even if it isn't time driven, there needs to be a plan as to how the troops are pulled out and what must be completed first. Pulling out should be done in phases also. As of now, the only plan Bush has is "when we're ready." There should be more of a plan than that. What exactly does "ready" mean?

Bush probably doesn't care when the troops come home. Hes gonna be gone in 2 years, so after that, its not his problem. :p

It should go without saying that the troops want to come home. I mean, how many people actually sign up for the military because they want to be sent to some hellhole place in the world? Especially cuz many of the soldiers are from the national guard and the likes.

Vybuni said:
Bush probably doesn't care when the troops come home. Hes gonna be gone in 2 years, so after that, its not his problem. :p

He's not heartless. Contrary to popular belief, he's a very straightforward and honest man. Don't turn this into a Bush bashing thread. We don't need your arbitrary opinion in here if that's what you're interested in. He'd like to see the troops at home too. There's more than one dimention.

Ryan

Bush is not heartless, just not the sharpest crayon in the box.

Anyways, the US are not the world peacekeepers. If I am correct Canada does alot more peacekeeping than any other country.

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
He's not heartless. Contrary to popular belief, he's a very straightforward and honest man. Don't turn this into a Bush bashing thread. We don't need your arbitrary opinion in here if that's what you're interested in. He'd like to see the troops at home too. There's more than one dimention.

Ryan

I meant that as sorta a joke. I'm sure he wants the troops back, I'm just saying that after 2 years, its not his problem anymore. I'm not trying to bash bush or anything either (at least not in this thread).

I agree with DJ-Chris, we aren't the worlds peacekeepers. Thats what the UN is for. :) We just think we are. But if by "world peacekeepers" you mean "interevene whenever it would best benefit ourselves," then we definately are the "world peacekeepers." :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom