most scary computing experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
GameGURU said:
I unplugged the power to a Hard Drive when the computer was on, and then put it back in.

I saw an arch of electricity come out then a crack, then the computer turned off.

But...amazingly it worked fine after that.

I will never ever ever ever ever do that again.

It worked? Seriously? You have to realize how lucky you are...I know a number of people who have unplugged/plugged in a hard drive while the computer was running and all of them ended up with destroyed drives. :eek:

You guys have such lame story's.

It would have to be a computer lighting on fire, multiple times, many computers.

Also finding a loose maranette? in my computer, and I used maranette's for 12v fan's.

GameGURU said:
I unplugged the power to a Hard Drive when the computer was on, and then put it back in.

I saw an arch of electricity come out then a crack, then the computer turned off.

But...amazingly it worked fine after that.

I will never ever ever ever ever do that again.
I did that once too but it was on a old 512mb hard drive so i didn't really care. Still works though.

charles_scott said:
What do you mean by blow away harper? That would freak me if they blew up....
More like your F.A.T. gets blown away.
DJ-CHRIS said:
It would have to be a computer lighting on fire, multiple times, many computers.
Thankfully, I have invested in a U.P.S. and i only see the after affect of this problem on other people's computers.
Worse lightning strike that i have seen to date as been one that took out the computer and the monitor. There was burn marks on the VGA plug for the Video card.

DJ-CHRIS said:
You guys have such lame story's.

Also finding a loose maranette? in my computer, and I used maranette's for 12v fan's.

You have such high expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom