Most people here will disagree but this is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleeckkk

Baseband Member
https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersio...&WishListTitle=..............................

I ordered that for general use + oblivion and older games like farcry and enemy territory that play perfectly fine on both my 754 a64 and barton athlon xp machines.

I've never been the sort of person to care about benchmarks or brand names or rigs in general, my attitude is if it gets the job done then that is all that's relevant but I think I went too far this time.

Oblivion is one thing but I play farcry with everything tweaked to the highest max at 1240x1024 on a OC'ed barton athlon xp 2500+ at 2.2ghz with 1GB cas 2.3.2.5 PC3200 ram on a nForce 2 board with a Radeon 9700 pro and still get 30 fps.

I think when it comes to computer hardware most people have more than they think they need or can make use of and when things slow down it's for other reasons. I've worked on thousands of comps over the many years and two computers with the same hardware scarcly ever perform exactly the same, it's a entire system of components. I hate it here when somebody talks about upgrading, gives his specs and everyone just says "Oh well your comp is junk, you need to build a new one"

Give me a palamino core athlon or a williamete core p4 and with the right peripherials I would guarantee you that I'll run doom 3 1024x768. That's how it works. Any one system component is useless without the support of another, chemistry is the key to a fast computer, is the key to latency and stability.

... And I still think that dude in the other forum that people here have building a computer he doesn't even need really just needs a $17 PCI gfx card to free up cpu resources from his crappy onboard gfx.

/end ramble

33 fps is what your DVD movies play at.

EDIT: And what I mean by that is that 30fps is optimal, anything beyond that is for mere bragging rights to whoever might care. Many games have locked FPS's too, so your super rig capable of reprocessing already processed frames can become useless there, too.

33 fps is what your DVD movies play at.

EDIT: And what I mean by that is that 30fps is optimal, anything beyond that is for mere bragging rights to whoever might care. Many games have locked FPS's too, so your super rig capable of reprocessing already processed frames can become useless there, too.

BTW- we cant see whats in YOUR account....

30 fps isnt optimal...and DVDs play way faster then 30 fps...wow...you must have a ghetto dvd player. 60 fps plus is optimal, as 30fps is just playable. Also, you can change the FPS cap on almost all games by doing a little script changes or in game modifications. But your right, technology these days is improving at a rapid rate and it is becoming extemely hard to keep up with it. Always upgrading and building and buying and worrying about if your rig will play the latest game. But hey, if those issues mentioned do not make you go "thats me" then Dont worry about serious hardware. Stick to your desktop that you bought from dell or your local bestbuy, as you wont need anything more expensive or intesive. This isnt a flame, its just the truth that the die hard computer fanboys WILL worry when it comes to keeping up with the pace of technology. Its a hobby, and almost a lifestyle.

And also, when you say you can run Doom3 on a p4...welcome to 2003, thats what the game was designed for. And, 1024x768 is nothing, most people ran doom3 on atleast 1280x1024 back in those days.

I hate pre-assembled comps, they always configure them with the worst components. They sell cpu mhz and ram space because that's all the average dolt pays attention to and will automatically assume that higher # = faster, never any care for the chipset, the ram type and speed, the power supply or anything... Some of them aren't even really PC's.

Until now however when I built a system I did so for a specific need and to meet that need, this time I don't know why I did. I feel like a sheep.

And don't worry i'll fix it if I stay conscious.

I thought DVD's played at 24 FPS.. or maybe, that's theatres.. or both.. or neither.

I think 30 FPS is fine, maybe 'cept for games like FPSs.

Well what is the system you just built?

Overkill considering I'm almost fine with what I have right now, anyhow I fixed the link.

By the way I'm not trolling, I'm just rambling because of personal problems. This thread could be locked if it's bothersome and I wouldn't mind.

Most do play at 30 fps, but the newer hd-dvd, blu ray, interlaced, and progressive scan players actually play faster. The actual number escapes me right now.

Overkill considering I'm almost fine with what I have right now, anyhow I fixed the link.

By the way I'm not trolling, I'm just rambling because of personal problems. This thread could be locked if it's bothersome and I wouldn't mind.

Well, if its overkill atleast it will last you a good while. So you wont have to complain for atleast 6 more months hahah....its the sad but true but good advancement of technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom