More gears have been grinded.

If you are running 2D Surround it should work, considering that all 3 LCDs share the same res and refresh. Probably just have them plugged in wrong. Model number doesn't matter as long as the specs are the same, which in that case they are.

Can't believe you're going to be using 8 to bench with. It uses more RAM than 7.

BTW nice screens. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the 690 choked on 1600p Surround due to only having 2GB per GPU.

Sadly, this isn't the case. Nvidia drivers are well known for not allowing 2d surround to work unless resolution, refresh and SYNC POLARITY are all the same. The problem is the stupid sync polarity. Trust me, everything is hooked up properly, I'm not that dumb. It's all good though, my 2 6970s came back from RMA yesterday, and my monitor mount will be here Tuesday, so it's really a nonissue at this point. I just wish I had done a little more planning before buying the 690 and realized that nvidia drivers suck when trying to do surround.

Then you obviously don't know the definition of the word. He has the ability, he is just too lazy to do it on his own machine. The guy is a beast at what he does at work which like I said, goes right along with the point of my rant.

He *****es about actually doing proper troubleshooting on his machine but has no problem wasting a bunch of time running benches.

If he was incompetent he wouldn't be able to perform the tasks to begin with, hence his titles. He obviously can do it, he just *****es about doing it on his own machine claiming it's "wasting his time" like I said before.

Sounds a bit more like he just doesn't want to troubleshoot his own system.

I get thatway when I'm not at work and i have to fix something at home. Just feels like you're bringing work home with you if you work in IT. Feels like it's a PITA to have to work on more computers when you get home.

"Hard drive", "modem", "brain", "CPU", you name it.
I've heard hard drive and modem before, never "brain" lol.
kmanmx said:
Shockingly, some people didn't even realise it was under the desk. PC's don't get turned off at my work because it's a 24/7 operation so a lot of people just think stuff magically apears on the screen and that their cables vanish off into a magical world under their desk.
I had a guy once, before I worked in IT and worked in retail selling (sort of fixing also) computers, who brought in his monitor and told me to fix his "modem" lol.

I know what the word means. I understand he has the skills. But if he doesn't use them, that is as good as not having them at all. What is the difference between someone that is really good at something but doesn't do it, and someone that isn't good at something so doesn't do it either ? they both have the same outcome.

He sounds like a bit of an annoying ****.

Sounds a bit more like he just doesn't want to troubleshoot his own system.

I get thatway when I'm not at work and i have to fix something at home. Just feels like you're bringing work home with you if you work in IT. Feels like it's a PITA to have to work on more computers when you get home.
This. Goes along with my point, wont want to take 10 minutes to properly troubleshoot his 3grand computer but will want to watch 3dmark run all day just to have a higher score than me.

Edit: Kman, he isn't that bad. It's just a tad annoying about the whole ordeal. Not as annoying as Verizon guy who literally puts "lykaboss" after everything on Facebook. That really grinds my gears.

Sadly, this isn't the case. Nvidia drivers are well known for not allowing 2d surround to work unless resolution, refresh and SYNC POLARITY are all the same. The problem is the stupid sync polarity. Trust me, everything is hooked up properly, I'm not that dumb. It's all good though, my 2 6970s came back from RMA yesterday, and my monitor mount will be here Tuesday, so it's really a nonissue at this point. I just wish I had done a little more planning before buying the 690 and realized that nvidia drivers suck when trying to do surround.
You can do 2D without the same resolution, matching panels, or even refresh. I have a friend doing a 24" 120Hz 1080p BenQ with 2 different branded 1080p 60Hz 24" panels. You don't have to have 3 identical monitors to run 2D Surround.

Last edited:
I get all of these daily along with it being called "that thing that blinks". Not to mention all the times I get asked about the Playbook. :upset::crazy::FuManchu:
I think the worst that really just makes me go

MEME-TwitchFace.png

Is when people call the tower the "CPU". I don't know why that bugs me so bad but it does.

Back
Top Bottom