More expensive to go to Uni abroad ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno if you would be interested in a Christian liberal arts college or not (it ain't that Christian from what I hear, but anyway...), but there is a good one here in my home town. Lee University

Not heavy in computer majors, but it is very heavy in music.

School costs vary here. I'm a senior in high school (year before you go to college/uni ;) ) and I've gotten into the University of New Hampshire (state school) and hopefully will get into RPI/WPI Rensselaer Polytech and Worchester Polytech respectively. UNH is around 11k/year for in state students (25k/year out of state) and RPI/WPI are both around 40k/year for out of state. Now this doesn't take into account federal student loans and the college's financial aid, which for RPI works out to be around 23k/year on average to students. So really in the end you're looking anywhere from 20-30k/year for private schools and 10-25k/year for public state schools.

I'm interested in all universities at the moment.

Thanks trot, but if i went there it would be compulsary for me to pay you a visit :D (i'd behave :))

edit:

Thanks peter.cort, i'll have to do some more research.

But of course. :D It's pretty cheap to live around here. Freshmen have to live on campus, but after that you can get your own place.

UK has a decent CS program here. Most of the fun stuff happens in research. The classes are pretty basic starting out, but the professors know their stuff. A friend of mine is working with professors who are messing with large scale GPGPU.

Australian is extremely expensive.
And immagration makes it rather hard for Uni students to get a reasonable part time job.

You can move there, but you have to prove you have skills valuable to Australia, my friends moved out there, his dad worked as an army officer and his mum was a nurse.

I was born in Scotland so assuming none of the laws change in the next three years my uni will be free :D (three years? I can't believe I'll be in uni in three/four years... I'm only in yr 11 O_O) Backup plan is joining one of the forces for three years, then they pay for uni afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom