More car mods - 2000 Mustang V6 makeover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well today I found out that I can replace my engine wit that from a Honda prelude without modification. That gives me 195hp and 156 lb trq. I can also get a .93g skidpad with a simple shock replacement. I may have to go mustang hunting.

Yea.. be careful.. stick with the kids who can't drive the v8s and v6's... alot of mustangs are not to be messed with unless the import is boosted... or stripped down... my 93 was half a length behind a b18 boosted civic, and other than that, swap or not, no N/A import had come close (with exceptions of course, I have not raced EVERY import.. referring to things like preludes/civics/integras/SE-Rs (which are the worst)...) .. you know.. all those cars that people like to put an intake and exhaust on and pretend they have a super fast car.. because we all know intake and exhaust on a naturally aspirated engine will add 50hp... this does not exclude people who do the same to domestics.. guy puts duals on his mustang GT and thinks his car is something.. when 80% of every other mustang driver has the same mods, and the new accord coupe pushes ~260hp... the same as his GT... sorry. Rant over.

Yea.. be careful.. stick with the kids who can't drive the v8s and v6's... alot of mustangs are not to be messed with unless the import is boosted... or stripped down... my 93 was half a length behind a b18 boosted civic, and other than that, swap or not, no N/A import had come close (with exceptions of course, I have not raced EVERY import.. referring to things like preludes/civics/integras/SE-Rs (which are the worst)...) .. you know.. all those cars that people like to put an intake and exhaust on and pretend they have a super fast car.. because we all know intake and exhaust on a naturally aspirated engine will add 50hp... this does not exclude people who do the same to domestics.. guy puts duals on his mustang GT and thinks his car is something.. when 80% of every other mustang driver has the same mods, and the new accord coupe pushes ~260hp... the same as his GT... sorry. Rant over.

With an H22A engine I can beat a Civic and with a simple shock replacement I can out turn one too. I weigh a bit less than an si and the engine is a tad more powerful. It all comes down to power/weight ratios. Your engine may be big, but if your car is too it doesn't mean much.

I really think it can come down to driving skill on most occasions though. With a manual that 0-60 time is all assuming you can use a manual. With an auto it isn't as fast but you don't have to know what your doing either. Most sporty cars are manuals so if you don't know your stuff then you can get smoked by an inferior car.

Good point with the Accord, the V6 is fast and would put a lot of posers to shame. I haven't worked under the hood too much, but I have two uncles who are mechanics and my car has a strong following.

And no need to apologize. Just doing an engine swap wont make any car invincible. A good bit of measured wisdom is always good to have. A lot of my car buddies are very cocky and they take risks. Just because one's car goes fast, doesn't mean it always should.

About the Supra, there is a guy who lives in the same apartment as my buddy with a boosted supra and a carbon fiber hood. For some reason he is always driving with a marble slab in the back seats. Supra owners get respect no if's or buts.

Even the non-turbo supra can make some power, but the turbo is where its at.

I think i still want one.....i used to like stangs (foxbody 5.0 FTW) but i see them too much on the road.

Even the non-turbo supra can make some power, but the turbo is where its at.

I think i still want one.....i used to like stangs (foxbody 5.0 FTW) but i see them too much on the road.

That's funny, I have only ever seen one in town. And that was today, and the owner put a GT-R badge on it. From my understanding they haven't aged well. You see 60's stangs, 70's stangs 90's stangs and new stangs but not 80's stangs. You never see them.

I very rarely see them around here too. But I don't see much of anything out where I live. :p

Sometimes I wish I would have picked up a fox instead of the Cobra. They are just such an easy platform to start a project with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom