The Moment of Truth: December 21, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind watching **** blow up. meh XD having a red sun would be kind of cool.

that's 11,000+ degrees Fahrenheit...

mhm... all of us vaporizing... and giant blob of liquid/gas floating around the solar system...

o.o

Just to say, if we were going to die then, wouldn't all the governments/ect be working on transporting to a different planet

._.

I'm pretty sure we are suppose to smack into another galaxy before our sun kills us...

That won't necessarly end anything. Certainly, objects closer to the center of each galaxy are more likely to collide. However, objects out in the spiral arms and farther away from the center are sufficently difuss, to the point where collisions between stars planets or whatever will be rare.. And I may remind others that our solar system is in the spiral arm area ish..

Kinda in the center close to the tail end of one of the arms. Rumor has it our solar system may be from another galaxy that the milky way has collided with before. :p

But the whole magnetic field thing could totally screw everything up. Theres theories that all the major extinctions on Earth are because of our solar system going to the edge of our magnetic field and losing its protection from gas clouds and blah blah blah. Anyways I still say aliens will kill us all...

It'll engulf earth when it becomes a red giant.

That's most likely our fate. but that's a mere 2 billion years.

Well, not to say the planets lined up in the 60's and we lived. the gravitational pull from jupiter is what they say will **** us up. Jupiters gravitational pull is not NEARLY as strong as the suns, so wtf?

The mayans stopped their calendar on that date. Maybe that's when they secretly "dissapeared"? If we all die tomorrow of something, and another race goes in my houes, and sees my calendar, and how it ends on december 31st, 2007, that doesn't mean there gona die then.

December 24, 23, 11, 12, 21.

those are all days I heard this theory from.

If you are interested in the apocalypse, read this, it's amazing.

WELCOME TO EXIT MUNDI: A COLLECTION OF END-OF-WORLD SCENARIOS

Notice alien abductions have been ever so increasing? I love reading about aliens, even though I have a phobia of them. Many abductees state telepathic connections, and they say they come in peace, from the future. Yes yes before you say lulz it's not true, it may not be, but it's just more proof. UFO's have become a phenomenon; more and more of them are appearing. These things might come from Mars, Saturn's moons, Neptune's moons, or Jupiter's moons... Or even under ground earth. I've heard it all. They come from the future, way down the road, so obviously we'll survive that long.

Global warming is another stupid thing. Yes, we make a lot of CO2, but you know the methane from cow crap is so much worse? May I say that when the ice caps melt, the sea level will only rise 6 feet.

What I think is, is an asteroid will hit earth (not huge), but release a deadly virus. That's what the 1918 flu was. That killed millions. But maybe we could prepare and fight it. When we go to Mars though, they might bring back a disease, so they have to quarantine them good.

Also, the magnetic field dieing is a possibilty, too. It dies every so often, and we are overdue. This will allow cosmic radiation to hit us, and kill us. Our fields are down ever so slightly, and down 10% in some areas since 1500. But again that's down the road.

Nuclear war? lulz. That won't kill us all, yea, millions, but not even a 5th of the population. Imagine all the rural places you have to bomb.

I'll add more later. I can also dig up a post I made about a man made black hole killing us.

@ wildside

this is how it goes

Helium, Hydrogen and other matter form to make a star
it grows
lives
runs out
expands into a red giant, or if it's a big star (like betelgeuse), a super red giant (i think its called, or a super giant)
supernova
black dwarf (TINY star, I think it's like the size of pluto)
white swarf
then it splits off to
black whole
or neutron star

of course I might be wrong about half of that, but i know that it splits to a black whole or neutron star, i'm just not sure about the dwarf part.

K, correct a few things here. Nukes would kill more than 1/5 of the population... WAY more than that. You don't need to hit small towns when winter hits, or a radiation belt sweeps in, or even dust inhalation, or poisoning from the sun because of a destroyed atmosphere. No, you would see much more destruction than that. Trust me there, I worked on the Minute Man III in Minot, ND and so speak from knowledge. Also, yes all of those listing are celestial bodies, but they dont just go from red giant to black hole. Most will stay as a red giant, UNLESS there is enough mass to collapse and form a black hole, they dont just split into one though. Now, as far as black hole scenario, I'm guessing you are talking about the search for exotic particles that will be taking place soon to study and find strange quarks and proof of dark matter, etc. The idea that it could cause a back hole is valid, but due to hawking radiation and the rate of evaporation they would blink out almost instantly. Also, as many articles state there is much more violent reactions and larger scales of this test going on in the galaxy/universe... if this would occur and the holes remained stable we would of been hit by one by now. This is said by astrophysicists who I will believe first.

Also psp_crazy1. You have the stellar evolution chart wrong. Black and white darfs will never goto Black holes or neutron stars.

Our sun will form a planetary nebula, at its center will be a white dwarf. Then after a crap load of billion of years, it will become a black darf.
Only super massive stars can go supernova, then at the center of the supernova "cloud" will be a neutron star, if the neutron star is greater than 2 or 3 solar masses it will continue to colaspe into a black hole. But not all supernova's result in black holes. It all depends on the original mass of the star in question. Our sun for reference was deemed one solar mass. It will never super nova, it will never become a neutron star and will certainly never become a black hole..

i didn't read anything in this post, just hovered my cursor over the post to get a quicky...

end of days...yada yada...
if anything, it would have been last year

06-06-2006

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom