that moment...

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
that moment when you spend so much time with customer service that you know what they gonna ask next.
troubleshooting all the new and improved products you got.
which supposed to make your life easier...

That's why I do all the troubleshooting before calling in, and list what I've done as soon as I start talking to somebody.

yea I got a total noob last time and he went through the list anyway no matter how many times I told him ive done it he just kinda droned trough the list ignoring my replies. and then I just cursed him out and closed the chat window. this time the dude was on point I didn't even have to say it twice I was pretty impressed.

btw I love the support chat robot responces lol they are pretty clever now. almost human like

That's why I do all the troubleshooting before calling in, and list what I've done as soon as I start talking to somebody.

Ditto. By the time I am calling up Tech Support, I am normally requesting that they just send over a tech and spare part.

Sad to say, with a lot of companies, script readers must go through the script, and with the way some companies are, they won't do jack crap unless the script says to do so. As far as getting beyond first tier tech support, good luck, in a lot of cases the script says to generate a case for tier two, and tell the customer they will get a call back XD

I talked to a supposed Tier 2 ISP support the other day who didn't even know what port forwarding was.
When I upgraded my internet package I was still stuck at 15Mb so I called them after waiting their 24 hours. Was on the phone with this supposed escalation guy (guessing tier 2) and I kinda mumbled under my breath "man I work IT all day and come home and still need to do IT". He was like oh, you work in IT? I said yea and told him where I work. The guy was like then why are you calling me? I laughed real freakin hard.

lol probably the best responce ever.
we used to carry window tint turned out it was a really crappy brand. when we went to complain they said. "were actually surprised you guys stuck with us for so long"

I talked to a supposed Tier 2 ISP support the other day who didn't even know what port forwarding was.

Yes. You get some of those. I work Site IT and Ops for [Insert International Computer Company Name Here]. I get some tickets from Tier2 support and where I am thinking "Surely some one at that level could of worked out that the problem was [blah]"

Back
Top Bottom