Mods, I just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horror

Banned
There's a member who's new who's banned from here. All they did was welcome another newbie ! so now I'm like WTF?? o_O

I'm sure you can rest assured it was for a legitimate reason.

I've had to report like 5 new users in the past week for posting spam and advertisements on this forum. Maybe it was one of those accounts.

There's a member who's new who's banned from here. All they did was welcome another newbie ! so now I'm like WTF?? o_O

Wait, do you mean from the off-topic section of the forum? I'm pretty sure the fact states that users below a certain post count do not have access to some parts of the forum for anti-spam reasons.

Last time I checked, the Staff reserves the right to do as they see fit per the rules of the site.

When the rules are breached, the moderators and administrators may issue infractions, remove privileges, or choose to ban a user immediately, depending on the severity. Ignored warnings and continued offense usually result in banning.

Infractions are serious. They are meant to be reminders of the rules. They are PRIVATE and meant for your eyes only. This is why we use the Personal Message System to communicate violations. They are not to be shared in the public forums at any time.

Where does it say in these paragraphs, stated right in the rules, that it is upon the members to ask about our methods of holding members accountable on the site?

You have no idea why the person was banned, nor do you have access to the posts of theirs that do not show up cause of the filters in place. Just cause you saw 1 post of theirs does not mean that they did not have others that violated policies setup.

Worry about yourself and your actions. Dont worry about others or what the staff does. It isnt your place to "get it". It is your place to follow the rules and let us handle the enforcement of them.

Sorry KSoD,, well I was actually worried about being accused of something which didn't do cos I thought it might be my fault which it wasn't but it might have been although not intended and I have fthe terrible feeling so it kinda possibly does involve me but kinda doesn't. I'd rather not explain cos I don't wanna be seen as paranoid in case I'm wrong, sorry.

Last edited:
We delete the spam. Usually we delete ALL the posts but we sometimes miss one.

Sorry KSoD,, well I was actually worried about being accused of something which didn't do cos I thought it might be my fault which it wasn't but it might have been although not intended and I have fthe terrible feeling so it kinda possibly does involve me but kinda doesn't. I'd rather not explain cos I don't wanna be seen as paranoid in case I'm wrong, sorry.

Do not apologize, you have a legitimate concern.

Mods do not tend to discuss why members were banned. But as this person has one post and did not seemingly do anything wrong, I do not see why clarification can not be given on the matter.

As sir trotter just explained, IT'S NOT MY FAULT !!!

What was on my mind was: I saw 'hey from London'. That's where I live so I just felt bad if someone else was banned if they were mis-identified or something but there's no problem as to clarify IT WASN'T ME !!

That was my concern. I just don't like getting innocent members into trouble, sorry. But it's fine. I didn't mean any harm; sorry to break the rule

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom