Model Aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankhead02

In Runtime
me and my friend is starting this really cool project in where we would be able to control model aircraft from the computer or at least have it fly to a designated spot. but we would really like to fly it from our computer. What supplies do I need? ANd how to do it?

I'm pretty sure to pilot it from your pc you'd need some type of wireless camera attached to the plane and connected to your pc and some form of tansmitting device in which to control it with, I imagine controlling it with your pc will be pretty hard, good luck to ya.

video and radio transmitter for the plane, which will require an FCC license

.60 cubic inch to .90 cubic inch powered R/C plane minimum with servos and radio gear

video reciever and radio reciever for ground control(PC)

lots of time and ingenuity and some experimentation

A couple thousand bucks, maybe more

if you want it to fly automatically you will need to write some software and also probably add GPS to the plane and to the PC as well

sensors for the plane--altimeter and airspeed minimum connected to the radio system so you can get the telemmetry---may be able to piggyback that onto the video signal by muxing it in with it like audio data would be

Can't give you much help with the technical side Tankhead but if you want to have some practice with a good FREE flying simulator on the computer try this site. (I use it for helicopter practice)
http://n.ethz.ch/student/mmoeller/fms/index_e.html or type FMS simulator into a search engine - there's a couple of sites it can be downloaded from.

Ian

Just buy a predator from the US military. (If you can actualy get them to sell you one)

Its a big giant RC plance controled from computers that has lots of WiFi cameras, and it shoots misiels too!

....ah...the fun I could have with one of those.

horndude said:
video and radio transmitter for the plane, which will require an FCC license

.60 cubic inch to .90 cubic inch powered R/C plane minimum with servos and radio gear

video reciever and radio reciever for ground control(PC)

lots of time and ingenuity and some experimentation

A couple thousand bucks, maybe more

if you want it to fly automatically you will need to write some software and also probably add GPS to the plane and to the PC as well

sensors for the plane--altimeter and airspeed minimum connected to the radio system so you can get the telemmetry---may be able to piggyback that onto the video signal by muxing it in with it like audio data would be

Now, that's one of the best responses i've read in a long time.
Well, done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom