Mixing Pills Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what im wndering man. My grandpa is on alot of those pills but he also just got trhough a harsh battle w/ serious cancer. Hyderocodone or Hydrocodine? Hydro is enough to really knock any pain out for about 7 to 9 hours depending on the amount taken.

My wife is in nursing school right now and I know she has a book that does exactly what you are asking about. It has all listed medications and what medications they conflict with/should not be mixed with. You could maybe check book stores/library for something like that.

Not to make light of the situation, but one other option is boxing up all those pills and sending them my way. I will make sure they go to a good use :p

Tell him to watch requiem for a dream...I'm pretty sure the old lady in that movie is taking valium to relax her as well as a variety of up/down "diet pills"
Great movie :D

If you don't mind me asking, "What happened to your dad for him to be in pain 24/7?"
Lots of accidents throughout his life. Couple in his teens, car accidents and such, then one about.....mmmm guess close to 15 years now where he ran straight into the side of a freakin road grader at about 70 miles an hour. Needless to say the road grader didn't budge an inch. He cant sit in one spot for too long because his hip is all screwed up.........well basically from the feet on up everything is screwed up. He can't walk for very long because of his feet and knees, can't sit because of hip and back.......he's basically broke :p

He's had back surgery done too to try and alleviate all this crap but to no avail.

Hyderocodone or Hydrocodine?
Hydrocodone, it's generic for vicodin..... Hydrocodine is the one that oxycotons are made from, or however it's spelled, and yeah that's some harsh crap and as far as I know he's not on those.........yet

Call a pharmacy and talk to the pharmacist. Tell him everything your Dad is taking, and ask what interactions there could be.

I say pharmacist instead of doctor because a pharmacist specializes in knowing different medications and their interactions, while a doctor knows more general knowledge aboutt hem. Plus, most doctors don't look for possible interactions.

remeber vicodin is addictive and it shouldn't be used for a long time. i have a few freinds and even the docs has told me that it is addictive and they don't agree with giveing it out for a long term use for a painkiller so if he is getting a bit moody then it might be time for him to take that vicodin.

Call a pharmacy and talk to the pharmacist. Tell him everything your Dad is taking, and ask what interactions there could be.
snap, didn't even think of that. Good idea.

remeber vicodin is addictive and it shouldn't be used for a long time
I know, it's opiates, and he's been on em FOREVER.

so if he is getting a bit moody then it might be time for him to take that vicodin.
you mean to QUIT taking that vicodin.

Ambien is habit forming too, so is valium........most of the crap he's taking is lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom