Microsoft wants to purchase Yahoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft are off on one of there clever little (more like HUGE) spending sprees... they recently aquired logitech for a mere 19bn. Which was smart, as Logitech was there only major competitor in the peripherals market, and if they get yahoo now, they have a strong cmpetitor over google. So if they now go and snap up Apple and Sony... they have no real competitors ;)

Although they would have to have serious cash to get sony... Well i just read Nintendo took over sony with a market value of £26Bn, so maybe Sony is in M$'s reach. They could take over the world.

Edit:

Lets all go on a search for oil... some american company called Exxol or something like thats took in over 35bn profit in a single year :eek:

sure would be interesting if M$ cut this deal.
quit frankly, i only use yahoo! i can count on 1 hand the amount of times i've used google.
i open my browser, it goes to yahoo canada and i have everything there - sports, news, email, search engine.
now technically yahoo vs google is wrong imo since one is a directory and the other a search engine - proving 2 totally different things....

I can count on one hand the number of times I have used Yahoo! in the past two years. I read the newspaper or tech forums for my news, and everything else I need on the internet I either know where it is, or I use google...

GO MICROHOO!

Microsoft are off on one of there clever little (more like HUGE) spending sprees... they recently aquired logitech for a mere 19bn. Which was smart, as Logitech was there only major competitor in the peripherals market, and if they get yahoo now, they have a strong cmpetitor over google. So if they now go and snap up Apple and Sony... they have no real competitors ;)

Although they would have to have serious cash to get sony... Well i just read Nintendo took over sony with a market value of £26Bn, so maybe Sony is in M$'s reach. They could take over the world.

Edit:

Lets all go on a search for oil... some american company called Exxol or something like thats took in over 35bn profit in a single year :eek:

I don't see Microsoft buying Apple since that would defiantly be a Monopoly unless another retail OS comes out.

210pxMcMillan_as_Harkonnen2.jpg

"He Who Controls The Spice, Controls The Universe"

Sorry, but why is it that every time I hear about MS wanting to purchase Yahoo, I get this quote going through my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom