Microsoft vs Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, it looks like most people are favoured towards the PC. I've never owned a Mac, are there a lot of compatibility issues with using Word etc. documents?

So, it looks like most people are favoured towards the PC. I've never owned a Mac, are there a lot of compatibility issues with using Word etc. documents?

i love mac osx. if i had the money, i'd definitely have a few of them. but alas, i have to stick to my cheap pcs. i actually might slap together an osx86 machine instead of breaking down to buy an imac.

as far as word and other windows apps, there are tons of ports or softwares that are comparable to software you'll find on pc. only bad thing is gaming. but i play wow, and theyve got that covered so who cares?

I didn't mean for this to turn into an argument by all means. I just wanted to get people's opinions, which usually means an argument I guess. Oh well. :p

I LOVE the look of the Mini PCs! Our campus got some for the dining hall and library headmaster to run the software for the software to add up the totals and print bills and stuff.

Pretty cool stuff.

I think the OSX interface is much more intuitive and offers great media applications, particularly Final Cut Pro, if you're into amateur film making.

If you can slap together your own machine at a reasonable price that can accommodate OSX, then all the power to you. I don't mind Apple as an OS-maker, I just despise them as a computer-maker, because their computers are so overpriced. It's the only way for them to really make any sort of profit, by limiting their OS to their own computers. What I hate the most is that they tout Macs as being technologically superior to PCs... HA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom