Microsoft vs Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharpShotApollo

Solid State Member
It's probably been done before, but where do you guys and gals think most of the IT market sits, with Microsoft or Apple?

The reason I bring it up is because some of my classmates have been talking about it and I always believed Microsoft has always been a bigger majority. Like percentage-wise, would I be pushing it to say 80/20? Maybe 90/10?

Opinions anyone? I even feel like im pushing it with these numbers...

i think you have a minor typo in your post...so the first sentence is a bit confusing...

buf it you are asking the percentage of pcs have what OS...

then it's about 80% MS
15% xNix
5% Apple aka ANUS

;)

OR 90% MS the rest others...

it fluctuates depending on what you are counting, but you can look at it avg'd 85%.

i looked at wiki after typing the above
Microsoft Windows - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I figured it was around those averages, but small minds see those apple ads on tv clearly bashing PC and figure Apple is the better product...Even my instructors agreed that Apple is, for all intents and purposes, the devil of IT.

Besides, most people I know with a Mac usually just have windows emulators for office and everything else. "The 'ironing' is delicious."

If you were to get a new laptop of your choice for free, what would it be, Apple or a PC with Vista?

Personally? I'd get a PC with Vista and format, then install XP followed by a dual boot with Vista, only for training and learning purposes.

For free? I can't go wrong!

Ste, where is she getting her lappy? I've only seen Vista on new computers everywhere now. Don't get me wrong, its annoying to see and I applaud anyone still selling new PCs/Laptops with with XP.

Look under the small buisness section at Dell, HP, etc. I know all dell's PC LAPTOPS. (same thing :p) have the option of Vista or XP Pro.

cue apple vs pc argument thread in 3... 2...

btw, apple is currently around 8 % or so i've read on the interwebz.

edit* pic

gartner-091017.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom