Microsoft Vienna 2009 release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. I want to start using Linux for the simple fact that I disslike supporting Microsoft in anyway. I just hate the idea of any company having a monopoly in any industries. It makes it completely un-fair for the smaller guy to get anywhere big, (like Linux). I mean I wont even own a Xbox 360 for my loathing of Microsoft. Without Windows support for games, theirs no way I'd be running it right now.

But the fact that I've been a PC gamer since "Sin" came out( I was like, what, in the fifth grade ish), kind of makes it hard for me to switch. If they could have games be supported by Linux, I'd be the happiest man alive. I'll start getting to know Linux soon, I love the idea of not having to spend $120 bucks per machine I build for the OS, (Unless I want to pirate, which I'm not 100% down with).

I think the fact that Microsoft is already planning for their next OS to be released in 3 years show that Vista must not of come out the way they had hoped. It seems as if they should take a lesson from Apple.

Vista is our current generations Windows ME and I hope more and more people realise it as time goes on. Before Microsoft consumes their souls even more.

TheOtis said:
Haha. I want to start using Linux for the simple fact that I disslike supporting Microsoft in anyway.

An anti-microsoft attitude is childish. Whether you like them or not, they've done a lot for the computer world. That is a sad reason for wanting to use Linux. You should want to use it because it is a great OS.

I think the fact that Microsoft is already planning for their next OS to be released in 3 years show that Vista must not of come out the way they had hoped. It seems as if they should take a lesson from Apple.

Wrong. They were tired of hearing people whine about Vista not being released yet, and they were tired of hearing people say there was too much time between releases. So on both counts, they are trying to please the customer. If they waited another 10 years instead of 2 or 3, people would trash them for that. So with MS haters, they can't win no matter what they do.

Vista is our current generations Windows ME and I hope more and more people realise it as time goes on. Before Microsoft consumes their souls even more.

Wrong again. Windows Me wasn't hardly any different from 98 with a few bug fixes. Vista is a pretty big advance from XP. The true current generation's ME is Windows XP Media Center Edition. Now that is a waste.

Most people won't go out and pay for Vista. They will just buy new computers when they normally would upgrade, and Vista will be on it.

ill be making the move to vista but only because they are starting to make games that require it
ill probly keep xp handy on another hd for a while tho

forrestcupp said:
Who really gives a crud? Just because you hate Microsoft doesn't make Windows a bad OS either. Yes it's the most popular. Yes there are other great OS's out there. No that doesn't mean that Windows is horrible. I get everything I want done in it. If you want to use Linux/Mac, go for it, and be happy with it. If I want to use Windows, I will without caring what you think, and I'll be happy that everything just works. I used Linux for a long time, and I loved it. But I went back to Windows because it's more popular and everything works. There are lots of good OS's out there, and there's really no need to argue about them.

Are you trying to pour gas on a fire that was dead?

Havoc and I were having an excellent conversation, and the thread died. Then you came back and stirred up the pot.

Go away.

Besides... This rumor has been debunked.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/15/microsoft-puts-the-kibosh-on-2009-vienna-rumors/

supra_boy said:
ill be making the move to vista but only because they are starting to make games that require it
ill probly keep xp handy on another hd for a while tho

Ya i was planning on wating a while to... at least until the summer anyway.

lol @ WorldIndustries... Have you ever read the ingredients of those sausages.... if not you should.. It completely turned me off from buying them... Ingredients may include: chicken and/or pork and/or beef.... yum

I don't think Vista will necessarily be as bad as ME (m$ would HAVE to try to do that). Most people will follow the crowd and get it anyways. But I think i'll pass because of the drm. I want to be in control of MY computer. Vienna and Fiji will probably be worse in terms of drm and lock down. I don't know how long m$ can keep windows going.

Lord AnthraX said:
YES!

AWESOME.

IM SO COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS. THIS IS GOING TO BE LIKE AMAZING. SZOMG DX11 WOHOO

I'm sure you're being sarcastic and in which case I think you are absolutely right: look at what they did with Halo 2- MS loves hype and attention, its right up there with making money. And if we weren't so suspicious we might start liking them for it.

sylwek said:
isn't Vienna a city in Austria?

Ha, you know what? i think it is.

anyway, regarding what i've been hearing about Vista and the issues of not being able to reinstall after hardware changes and all that (true or not), i'm hoping Linux will become more hardware, game, and user friendly (i hate putting in commands), cause when the day comes that i can install CS:S on a Linux machine without an emulator i'm switching but, untill then i'm stuck in windows because i'm addicted to CS:S like a hippy is to weed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom