Microsoft, Intel, and the DRM have officially screwed us all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
Microsoft, Intel, and the DRM (Digital Rights Management) have now officially partnered and when windows vista is released along with Intel's "East Fork", you can kiss all of your converting and viewing privilages goodbye.

The combination of the two will mean that you, the end-
user, will be royally screwed in every way, shape and form. ThatÂ’s right, once East Fork and Vista ship you can forget about exercising your fair-use rights, no more converting songs to MP3, no more music downloads to- and from friends and family, no more DivX movies, and the list goes on.
So thanks Intel and thanks Microsoft for selling out, youÂ’ve now clearly shown us that these new features are meant to better your revenue and profits, not the computing experience of the end user.

The article can be found here

This just opens up the market for another operating system more.

Microshitheads's downfall. And why not have cunttel's (Intel's) downfall while were at it. I hate both of them.

I've known for a long time I am not going to be "up" grading to Windows Vista, but this confirms it. I will use XP as long as I can...there is no way software manufacturers outside of Microsoft are going to stop supporting XP immediately. In addition, I will never again buy an Intel processor. AMD all the way!

I'm still an Intel fan...but Microsuck has always been an enemy....I'm just waiting for the OS X port to X86(if it ever happens)

Nobody is going to put up with this.....but from the way I am reading this, it will be illegal to use Linux because it will not feature protection against copyrighted material.

You guys don't honestly think this will stop anyone do you? Give it a few weeks and someone will have found a crack

beedubaya said:
Nobody is going to put up with this.....but from the way I am reading this, it will be illegal to use Linux because it will not feature protection against copyrighted material.

I dont't think Linux will be Illegal (Can they do that?), it just won't be "good"...

I like the guy who wrote the article lol...he makes some nice comments.

This crap is a joke though....1. It'll never last 2. People will get ridiculously pissed if they have to have an entirely different system just to play these stupid things 3. Even if you can play it your DVD is set to play only a certain amount of time.

Give me a break...like gaara said....anything that tries to present itself as a challenge will just get cracked quicker. Just like the microsoft geniune advantage lasted real long.

Good ole money grubbing conglomerates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom