Microsoft explains l33t speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL what brought this on, why the hell is Microsoft doing this.

╩æƒ╖Æ°÷↔#φ

hehe

why microsoft puts it as "A Parents Guide" boggles the crap out of me. 1337 was made a loooooooooooong time ago by interweb nerds on ... FORUMS!! also on usenet forums. The people that know 1337 the best are almost in their late twenties. kids talk like this: brb, lol, ttyl, etc.. mild, pathetic attempts at 1337 speak. I'm talkin': ohz yeahzorz!!!1!! 1 m teh r0><0rz!!1ONE

My 1337 is really shakey. I try though.

Nubius said:
Yeah, funny isn't it?

Whats worse than 'leetspeak' IMO is when people just blatently spell crap wrong or abbreviate EVERYTHING.

U R N00b

Stuff like that, people manage to write whole sentences with that crap.

Y dont U try 2 run UR proggie widdout dat thang runin in da background?

Why do people type 'da' instead of the? People have become so primate-like that they now have to type how the speak, and how they speak makes them sound like morons as it is muchless typing slang.

Aiiiight....bleh, seen too many type out that

yo, dats lame, I tell u mah story B, hee' it goes aiiight?

lol

What is also lovely is when someone says

U r a stopid morooon dude. trying to call someone an idiot yet they can't even type it out correctly.

Bah I just gotta stop talking about it lol, it just annoys me

100% in FULL areeement. I know ADULTS who do that kind of stuff in games, its god damn pathetic!

i think leet is gay. say it in real life and you look like a tard.
the last time i said pwned owned or haxor i just remembered how stupid it was.

This article has been posted in so many places.

Microsoft = +1 advertising

I actually think that through this, they're silently making fun of all the kids who talk like that. Take it as a long pun. Alot of those people also use words like M$ to make fun of Microsoft, because making fun of Microsoft is "cool".

Microsoft = +2 ownage

Microsoft = 3
Leet Kiddies = 0

:p

(No offense to anyone. I do think this is a silent pun though, and found it funny.)
(It also might have been because of an increase in parents emailing Microsoft about this stuff *shrug*)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom