Microsoft Anti-Virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warez Monster said:
Microsoft Anti-Virus?
consumers could enjoy new Microsoft features as they trickle out.
When have “new Microsoft features” ever been a good thing? For as long as I can remember, the windows Service Packs have done nothing but f**k things up more. I remember when I was attempting to install windowsNT, it didn’t work without a service pack at all but then when I added SP4 the computer didn’t even boot.
I donÂ’t know exactly what winXPÂ’s Sp2 does, but I know that IÂ’m avoiding it like the plague.
And besides, every time microsoft comes out with something new, all it does is take away our freedoms. A good example is what they have done with Napster and WindowsMediaPlayer10. Even if you buy a song from napster you have to have a special mp3 player program on your computer or you can’t listen to it. An forget about burning that song to a disc. What’s the point in buying a song that you can do next to nothing with? I’m sorry but I am not going to make sure that all of the computers on my network have a “protected mp3 player” program. And I am NOT going to go and buy Microsoft’s Portable Media Player in order to listen to the music I just purchased.
IMO: If I bought the mp3, then I can do whatever the f**k I want with it.

P.P. Mguire said:
I doubt it will be. it will be just like everythign else that has the name microshit on it. you gotta pay out the ass just to get anythign from them. and they wonder why ppl always pirate their programs.
P.P. Mguire said:
and they wonder why ppl always pirate their programs.
P.P. Mguire said:
and they wonder why ppl always pirate their programs.
AMEN!!! It is ridiculous to pay $150+ for any operating system and especially one that is as flawed as windows.
I think that WE(as consumers) should demand better products!!! Something should be done to re-gain control of the virus, spyware\adware, parasite, spam, identity theft and junk-mail problems WE are ALL suffering from.

charles_scott said:
I hate it when i get a virus that screws NAV up, forcing me to do a complete reformat because it lets in other crap i cant erase.
~Thats my proplem right there, something messes with NAV and I have to clean my comp, Serian Style.

Warez Monster said:
but just give it time and FF will be on its way to a shitty browser and then a new browser will come out that is going to be "SAFER" than FF and IE
That is true but, you guys are only focusing on the “hackers” and what they do with browsers byway of creating viruses and parasites that can defeat them. If you guys look at the bigger picture, you will see the real criminals. The people that are allowing the browsers to be so easily defeated.
Did you ever see Mission Impossible 2? Where the bad guy created a virus and then its anti-virus so that when he infected people, they would have no choice but to buy his anti-virus. That is, in almost all cases, what we are dealing with. There are people creating viruses, parasites, spyware and adware infections just so that WE have to buy THEIR anti-whatever.

Warez Monster said:
So there for, thats why people are ragging on IE and saying FF is safer and what not. It's only a matter of time before FF is in the same boat as IE,
Not that far. There has been some spyware exploits that have been targetted directly at FF. There is not many on them, but they are there.

wow i was double quoted (hat size grows bigger lol j/p). anyways, yea i have been vitcitm to many spyware programs already and i have a program that keeps them off and ive NEVER used IE on this format (i formatted yesterday)

IMO, the internet is like unprotected sex(for your pc of corse). Whether you know it or not, there is always something being added to your pc and no matter what you do(for the exception of a Serian Style HD clean), it will always effect your pc. I only allow a certain number of comps on my network have internet access. That way I can limit the number of hours I spend cleaning them (Serian Style).

p.s. for those that don’t know, I format and do a fresh install of windows on my internet accessed pc’s about once every 2 to 3 months. I do it so often I just decided to call all of that crap a “Serian style clean” There, now you know what it is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom