Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the point why Windows is such a problem. People are way to lazy and because everyone else has it they have to have it. The GUI of Linux is intuitive if you just take some times. Basically the fact that the GUI is not like windows means that it wont be intuitive since more people than not use Windows, and linux's GUI is not the same as windows (except for Lindows, but even that sux just as much as windows) so people can't understand it.

Also, that article you pulled up, it is quite compelling to have you believe that linux is at the same fault as windows but i am sure i can pull up about 10,000 more articles on worms and exploits for windows. It's all relative i suppose but linux has fewer attacks not only because of its smaller user base as I have said before but because of the pyramid user system it uses to secure the system the rest of the system from malicious code by only affecting the user who DL'ed the malicious code, thus the worm tends to end at that user and not propagate to the rest of the network and never gain control over the computer, and usually does not propagate to the rest of the populus the way windows viruses/worms do.

It all boils down to the user. Windows is the perfect OS for people who don't know much of anything about computers.Windows isn't an OS that requires much comp knowledge to run. For most people Linux is supposedly to complex an OS to run so they just don't pay it any mind, their loss...

yep....seen this topic alot. all i ever really say is that I've been using linux for quite some time and really, i don't even need windows. my laptop is formatted to al linux. anything that i need in windows, can be done in linux. if not right from install, there's millions of programs/scripts/emulators that can do anything i want.
i'd say that when i install windows i become frustrated at some of the stuff that i have to do (setup a firewall, spyware software, antivirus, and all that other stuff) i don't have to worry about it.
now in linux i have to do other stuff like that to setup some hardware/software or something like that to get certain apps to function properly. i guess i'm really more a security guy than other people, i like to know my pr0n pics of my girlfriend are safe, hahhahah j/k. as well i like being able to get an application i need for free :) openoffice.org, the gimp, evoloution all of the good stuff. and i don't have to worry about some ass coming to my house to arrest me becuase i have pirated software.

oh well....i just like linux.....and i will always use linux, personally and maybe even in business. :)

Every1 can say they hate microsoft . yes there rip-off's and i don't like ms but just LOOK whats in YOUR PC! you will find that ms rules pc sofware.

lol shan...i was reading that and i skipped a line...

What I read: I like to know my pr0n pics of my gimp are safe.

I am just tapping into the vast recources that Linux are offering, but at the same time, I will be running microsoft machines. Until the day that my Linux machine can out perform the functions that my XP machine can perform, i will run both. I know it can be done, I just dont know how to do it.....YET :)

I think we should just hate anyone that's rich and any company that's big! So there........ because of that, I won't buy another Porshe. I guess I'll have to settle for a Hummer!

Dave :D

"Micro-Sh******!!!"

DMo224 said:
I think we should just hate anyone that's rich and any company that's big! So there........ because of that, I won't buy another Porshe. I guess I'll have to settle for a Hummer!

OK. Here it goesÂ…. My main set of reasons for HATING Microsoft arenÂ’t related to the qualities of their operating systems. I used to know a guy who worked for Microsoft. (Little did I know.) I happened to tell him about an idea I had that would revolutionize our digital society. Make a long story short, within a week, I never heard from him again. Come to find out, he sold the idea to Microsoft! (It wasnÂ’t as big as it is now.) A couple of years later, (After they got EXTREMELEY wealthy,) A friend tells me that Microsoft was trying to buy out MY aspiring company. I hope you can see now why I, as well as many small technology businesses HATE Microsoft with a PASSION!!! Because I was going to use the money I got from my great idea to invest in (You guest it;)) Apple Computer. Â… :mad: :cool:

PS: I prefer a Cadillac:cool:

I happened to tell him about an idea I had that would revolutionize our digital society. Make a long story short, within a week, I never heard from him again. Come to find out, he sold the idea to Microsoft!
I would tend to think that that would make you dislike the guy, not necessarily Microsoft. But, I can understand your point, too.

One day I may write a book entitled "The Tyranny of Microsoft"

My better judgement tell me that I should probably not participate in this thread for my own good.

My Compilation My Replies on this Subject

Thanks for the reality check Hackerman. Yes I know this. Truth be told I wrote this about 8 months ago and I can't say I was in my exact write mind. I now see many of the errors in my document, although I do agree with many of the basic points. I should probably revise it. Oh well, at least it caused alot of controversy and interesting replies; guess thats something to be proud of. Truth is it is in and of itself a very contreversial topic. Oh and btw, that Linux post was really fantastic. Couldn't agree with you more.
Note to csamuels Microsoft like any other country has made many improvements and innovations to computers, but its important to notice that this technology had been around for the military way before it was around for us. Secondly, yes I truly believe that had Microsoft not been there another and probably better company would have took its place and I don't agree and will never agree with the way Microsoft runs its business or its exorbinant prices, period. As with your other comments, NO COMMENT!
Northbridge, I agree completely with you.
Thanks Inaris that was very educational. I'd like to let you a few things though. One, this computer is kind of old and when I got it I didn't exactly get it. A parent bought it. At that time I knew nothing about computers, so I figured, what do I know. Now I know differently. Another think you might be interested to know is that on friday I'm installing a dual boot on my system; aka I can run Windows and Linux, because I truly do believe its the better system. I'll let you all know how that turns out, still zipping up my important files. Btw Microsoft was not by any means the first computer company to supply their kind of software to the world, namely word programs, Powerpoint, IE, Excell, ect... but I'm not going to go into that. Another thing. Linux may seem odd to the first time user, but once you start using it I found it to be just as good as any other system, not to mention, free! As far as I'm concerned security is more important then multiple office programs that you can either buy seperately or download for free, because there are many free programs that do the exact same thing. I guess its a matter of opinion, what you want out of a system.
The next couple posts my Inaris and Hackerman seem kind of like a subdued argument so I'll keep out of commenting on them.
Good for you shan, power to you.
Dual Boot ADZ, thats the answer!
Darn that stinks ATIRAGEPRO. Guess you can't trust anyone these days.

Thanks for the comments and keep them comin:D

PS: Sry the paragraphs didn't come out on this post, don't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom