Metallica Concert tonight! (Chicago)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you enjoy it with all the 12-13 year old goth kids.

WOW ! They played until 11 that's soo late...

LOL yea, there will be a lot of 13yr olds. Im starting to realize that slipknot is teen kiddy music (though im 18 lol). You really dont think metallica influeced any bands? and yes. they finished at 11:20 when they are supposed to be off by 11. I think its cool that they played anyways.

Yeah dude, well it's called an encore. Even if the crowd is puking on stage the band will come back to play , law of stage performance. If you like the drummer check out his other band called "Dirty Little Rabbits" their first EP just came out.

You should try the latest album, "Death Magnetic", it is pretty good. A lot better than the last few. Back to harder and faster again. Plus some new twists.

i've heard 3 songs and honestly, have no drive what so ever to listen to the rest of the album.
i'd post my views on them, but i'll keep it clean.

anyhoo,
great pics. nice and close.
any good pits?

i agree with preacher...they kinda slid downhill after the black album. i wont really say they "sold out" i just think they tried a little too hard to get away from their roots. ride the lightning or ...and justice for all, two of the best metal albums ever made IMO. i frikkin played the songs off justice till my fingers bled. especially "and justice for all" (****in BAD *** song) and "harvester of sorrow".
slipknot i never could get into...they will have these moments where everything is happening right, and youre like "**** this song is like a fist in my face" and every one is playing the same time, then all of the sudden they ruin it, go out of time, get dischordant, whatever....but they totally know how screw up a good song IMO. stone sour, which is the baby of corey taylor and joel ekman (used to drum for slipknot), is much better than slipknot IMO. they are much more cohesive as a band, for one thing, and most of their stuff is just as heavy.

yea dude, surprisingly there was one really strong pit thorughout the whole show lol. Here is a quick video I took from the song one. Its short because I ran out of space right at that point lol. First video is the intro which was awesome!
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i168.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/Braz989/MOV01573.flv">
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i168.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/Braz989/MOV01592.flv">

i've heard 3 songs and honestly, have no drive what so ever to listen to the rest of the album.
i'd post my views on them, but i'll keep it clean.

anyhoo,
great pics. nice and close.
any good pits?

eh to each his own. I prefer Megadeth over them anyway, and Pantera is another good band IMO.

I like metallica's 'sell out stuff' because for the most part it sounded good. I don't care if a band gets away from their roots, as long as the stuff sounds good then that's good. If it's like Kiss who went disco... I'm not a fan of that because it's ****** music (***IMO***), not because 'they sold out and as a result we shouldn't like their music'.

I'm more of a fan of Ska, Freak Folk, Alt, Indie and Techno/Trance anywho ;)

ive recently become a big sublime fan lol. I listen to a LOT of different music. Ill go from slipknot, to metallica, to lil wayne, to sublime, to T.I. from CDs in my car lol. I like it all.

Any other Metallica fans in here?

I liked their older stuff
Kill 'Em All
Ride the Lightning
Master of Puppets
…And Justice for All
Metallica Black

They sort of died after that for me.

I like metallica's 'sell out stuff' because for the most part it sounded good. I don't care if a band gets away from their roots, as long as the stuff sounds good then that's good.
Exactly. I did try to listen to thier later ablums that just could not get into it.

i find now all the "good shows" just involves soudn and good lightign now adays to me, a good show, is when i come hoem exasted, i unno im use to local bands in clubs and, rec centers i liek it more more fun. costs you 10$ and you enjoy your self like hella crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom