Metallica Concert tonight! (Chicago)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC01585.jpg

DSC01583.jpg

DSC01576.jpg

I saw metallica in 03' . Worst show of my life, as my cousins told me 5 years ago, "When you grow older you learn to appreciate better music".

Lol, that's a subjective statement. I like 'em, but hated when they went through their "sellout" phase. Now they have come around a bit. So what is your cousins opinion of "better music" , what does he like. I mean, you can say what you want, but a statement like that is just totally subjective to listener's preferences.

yea, i had rly good seats. They played until 11:20 too. It was also one of the crew guy's bday so during seek and destroy (their last song) they all silly string and pied him then we sang happy birthday. It was definitely the best concert I have been to. I will be seeing slipknot for the 2nd time on monday :D.

Lol, that's a subjective statement. I like 'em, but hated when they went through their "sellout" phase. Now they have come around a bit. So what is your cousins opinion of "better music" , what does he like. I mean, you can say what you want, but a statement like that is just totally subjective to listener's preferences.

Alright , warning going to type a lot....

Up until The Black Album , metallica were a good thrash band. After that they started becoming boring and their Metal became the same routine over and over , I mean how many songs can 3 E scaled riffs do ;)

As me / cousins / friends view of better music lets categorize Metallica first. By all means , and by all fans Metallica are a Thrash Metal band. Lets name 3 bands in that genre better:

Death Angel
Slayer
Machine Head (newer thrash / whatever)

IMO and many metalheads out there , those bands and a lot more , are more diverse and accurate with their metal , thus making metallica well not that shabby.

As for metal including all sub genres of metal thrash is the worst. IMO , Progressive and Avant-Garde are the best.

If a listener likes an album filled with songs in the same genre to them all , go ahead and enjoy metallica. I listen to bluegrass and it's all the same , but as a reviewer for music I cannot say it is diverse.

hehe machine head opened for metallica. They were ok, only saw 2 songs from the. I still think Metallica is one of the top "metal" bands. I dont think we woul dhave a lot of bands today without the influence of metallica. Lol im in keyboarding right now, im rly far ahead of everyone, thank god for tech forums lol

yea, i had rly good seats. They played until 11:20 too. It was also one of the crew guy's bday so during seek and destroy (their last song) they all silly string and pied him then we sang happy birthday. It was definitely the best concert I have been to. I will be seeing slipknot for the 2nd time on monday :D.

Hope you enjoy it with all the 12-13 year old goth kids.

WOW ! They played until 11 that's soo late...

Braz man , if you want to expand your metal knowledge PM me / Nag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom