Merry Christmas Every One On Tech-Forums -- The 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a white Christmas going on here this morning. First one in over 20 years.

You need to go ahead and bundle your snow up. I'm gonna get ****ed if any of it starts blowing around my neighborhood. I'm already upset that your letting your mean cold air bully my friendly warm air. I would appreciate your cooperation in this matter and I hope you find containing your weather pleasant.

Your Friend,
Slay :thumbsup:

Did well this christmas, overall from my extended family i got..

£70
50Euro's (For my holiday soon)
Optoma HD600X Projector and had my dad make a 90inch screen for it :) (On the condition i would let him use it in the living room when he wanted too)
Nikon D80 with 18-200 lens, remote control, memory card, battery grip, lens cleaning kit.
Jack Wills T-Shirt, Jack Wills Jumper (Jack Wills is a brand for those of you less fashion conscious ;) )
Inception on BluRay
Toy Story 3 on BluRay
Yellowstone on BluRay
A-Team on BluRay
Kyocera 13cm Ceramic Utility Knife
Sabatier 18cm Cleaver knife.
Stanley Knife
Set of 8 screwdrivers with electrical insulation up to 1000volts (Random but useful, saves me killing myself)
Can of compressed air to clean my PC out - The key to a computer lovers heart !

So yes. Did exceptionally well ! Although i must point out, i paid £250 of my own money towards the Projector. And the Nikon D80 was my grandparents old camera as they find it too hard to use these days, so downgraded to a Panasonic Lumix TZ-10.

Had an awesome family meal as well, and watching all the Christmas TV on a 90inch screen was very fun indeed.

I got bummed out because our daughter couldn't make it out to be with us today due to the snow, so we had to carry on without her, her fiancé, or the grand baby. :(

Still had a good time, though. My mom, wife's mom, wife's sister, brother-in-law, and nephew were all here. We had an awesome dinner of baked ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, Mac and cheese, sweet potato casserole, cole slaw, deviled eggs, yeast rolls, cheesecake, buttermilk pie, and chocolate desert (family recipe). I just finished up round two from it.

Mmmmmm...a chocolate desert :p

Meh, that's all they call it. The bottom crust is flour, butter, and chopped pecans, the bottom layer is cream cheese, Cool Whip, and powdered sugar, the middle layer is chocolate and vanilla pudding made together as pie filling, and then topped with Cool Whip and sprinkled with chopped pecans. It is rather good, actually. Our daughter is the one who requested it and then she couldn't come.

Well my Christmas started off terrible and wound up getting a whole lot better at the end. Presents wise i didnt fair to bad but didnt get much cause my gf was buying me things since november. I got me the G700 (from earlier), Yoda slippers, a pretty smelling candle, CoD boxers, lots of socks, a nice electric meter, Jack Daniels coffee, remote controlled helicopter, a 470 (getting it later), lots of chocolate + caramel, a new bed, and whatever else my gf is getting me.
We where supposed to have a party but it wound up just being all of us having fun playing Kinect.
58000167182346969910607.jpg

63525167182354970110607.jpg

74655167182370970510607.jpg

16267916718219096601060.jpg

16347516718242697191060.jpg

16532516718187495811060.jpg

Christmas ended up being pretty good despite the fact that the whole family was sick for most of the previous week.

My main gift was a HIS HD 6850 1gb + a Sapphire DisplayPort->DVI active adapter. Unfortunately my third monitor doesn't match my other two so I can't use Eyefinity for gaming just yet but I'm planning on borrowing my brothers 24" so I can at least get a taste of BF:BC2 at 5760x1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom