Member Ranks

I find that to be some what of an elitist comment. You have over 8000 posts and it seems to me that you want others to have to post a **** load of times to get a simple perk. That's not right.

Perks and promotions are a reward system to encourage members to post. But if you make the required amount of posts to get them too far off, then they get discouraged. Posts come farther apart or they have no value. If you set the amount of posts required to a level where they can be reached reasonably, then they post and ease up to the goal amount.

Perks and promotions like a larger PM amount or a custom title, and sig upgrades, to name a few, are important to the life of a forum. If set up so the members can get these rewards, and not have to post their life away, then the rewards are shared equally across the membership. Not just an elitist few.

Didn't take me long to get to 2000 posts, believe it or not, my post count has stagnated the last few years. To be honest, only people that are around long enough, and contribute to a community are community members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't take me long to get to 2000 posts, believe it or not, my post count has stagnated the last few years. To be honest, only people that are around long enough, and contribute to a community are community members.

This. Perks are just that... perks. Is it cool that I got to set my own rank just yesterday? Yeah, but I only did it because I could. Hell, I didn't even know about any perks prior to this thread. I really don't care, either. I'm here to help out when I can, not earn free stuff. I love doing what I do and that's why I do it. ;)

Virgin Techie - 0 posts
Newb Techie - 1 post
Junior Techie - 40 posts
True Techie - 100 posts
Monster Techie - 250 posts
Master Techie - 500
Wizard Techie - 1000
Lord Techie - 2000
Techie beyond Description - 10000
I feel jipped LOL almost 1400 and I'm still on Monster techie

It's a pretty unfair system anyway. Logically, any British members should automatically be more highly regarded than Americans, regardless of post count.

WE ARE YOUR FATHERS!

I Lol'd

I imagine two stones along the path of a flowing river. One stone looks to another and says "I'm more important because the water touched a stone like me up stream before you." In the grand scheme of the river and the ecological cycle (the water will pass through there again), I'm not sure what difference that makes? Does that assign a higher value because someone (not you) had something to do with (again, not you) someone else (still not you) and (now you) feel as if your relationship (which is not different than mine) origins grant you special privileges? The dividing of nations is our species' greatest barrier to true progress.

Also, we share ancestors... you didn't bang my ancestors, our ancestors banged each other. My family ended up here, yours stayed there.

It's a pretty unfair system anyway. Logically, any British members should automatically be more highly regarded than Americans, regardless of post count.

WE ARE YOUR FATHERS!

OK you deadbeat dad, I'm still waiting for the Xbox one from LAST Christmas now mail it to me already........:p

Back
Top Bottom