Me and HP....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static_11

Fully Optimized
I know that it's not the most crazy story out there....but... blah. after 2 hours of sleep and having my uncle over my shoulder for 3 hours about this, im about to die. haha.

Andy: Hello Shawn.
Andy: Welcome to HP Total Care for Photosmart Products. My name is Andy. May I have your Telephone number starting with the Area Code as we need to update the information in our records?
shawn gonzalez: 314 799 ****
shawn gonzalez: k...well, the printer has always been hooked up to a windows 95 computer until yesterday when i hooked it up to his new one.
shawn gonzalez: his = my uncle.
shawn gonzalez: So...i hook it up using the parallel cable he had, and it wasn't working.. so i downloaded the XP drivers for the printer instead of the old ones and then tried installing them.
shawn gonzalez: so then i figured well, maybe i didn't install the serial port drivers when i built it a few months ago...so i downloaded those as well and installed them... but im still getting the same problem.
shawn gonzalez: and i just checked on the site.. and it said this:
shawn gonzalez: IEEE 1284 compliant bidirectional parallel, USB (Windows 98 only)
shawn gonzalez: now...if this 400$ printer doesn't work on xp, im going to get **** for it.
Andy: I regret to note that. However, let me see how best I can help you.
Andy: I understand that your P1100 Software Printer is not getting installed. Am I right?
shawn gonzalez: ok.
shawn gonzalez: yes
Andy: May I know the error message you are receiving while installing the software?
shawn gonzalez: printer is not responding.
shawn gonzalez: well, forget all the error stuff right now...just tell me if this can work on XP, please.
Andy: Yes this printer will work with Windows XP.
shawn gonzalez: sweet.
shawn gonzalez: ok, you know how there is the parallel port and the usb port?
shawn gonzalez: how much would a usb cable for the printer cost? because i really don't feel like spending anymore time on this. haha. i've spent 4 hours today dealing with my uncle being kind of annoying about it all and im running on two hours of sleep. :(
Andy: I understand that you want to know how the USB and Parellel port look like. Am I right?
shawn gonzalez: no. haha.
shawn gonzalez: i've been building computers for awhile. i know the huge difference between the two. i just want to know how much a usb cable would cost for the printer.
Andy: I need to check it in the Part store and then I will tell you.
shawn gonzalez: k
Andy: Please give me few minutes while I check the availablity of the cable.
Andy: Thank you for being on hold.
Andy: Shawn, Parellel Cable is available in the stock.
Andy: Part number : 5063-1256 (IEEE 1284 Bi-Tronics parallel cable - DB-25 (M) connector (type A) to 36-pin Centronics (M) connector (type B) - 2.0m (6.6ft) long - Connects to HP Vectra and IBM PC/AT/XT compatibles (replacement for C2950A) )
shawn gonzalez: ok..but i asked for a usb cable.
Andy: Price : 20.30
shawn gonzalez: and i just found one (15ft) on newegg for 8 bucks.. so im doing that.
shawn gonzalez: thanks for your time.

Sounds about right. HP support has been characterized by general incompetence and a poor grasp of the english language for years now. USB cables are practically free on Newegg anyways, I would've just used that as my first option.

Lol he asked me over AIM, and I gave him a few links on Newegg already xD. I still lol @ HP support...xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom