A Matter of Great Importance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
Have you ever been just sitting down, lost in thought, and then something hits you so hard that it has a very deep impact that rattles you down to your very being? Something so significant, condensed within a fraction of a millisecond, that your mind comes to the brink of total chaos? A thought that provokes your concept of life and consciousness, beyond the realms of space and time?

I had this occur to me today. I remembered the name of my favorite cereal, Cookie Crisp, and soon remembered why I had forgotten it: Because they don't sell it in Canada anymore! I've realized the deep attachement I've had with Cookie Crisp, and how it had defined my childhood. With it gone, I realize now that the last bowl of Cookie Crisp I had, was the last day of my childhood. Oh, how I long for those days.

In all seriousness though, Cookie Crisp is f**ing delicious! Send me some boxes you Americans and I'll send you back all the Fudgee-Os and Coffee Crisps you've been missing out on.

ROFL! One of my clanmates shipped a case of Captain Crunch and Crunch Berries to the webmaster of the clan's website. Ross lives in Scotland, but spent part of his childhood Stateside. He calls it Captain Crack because it is addictive. your story reminded me of that one.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch > Cookie Crisp....... used to like Cookie Crisp when I was younger, then didn't like it too much anymore....

Broke down and bought a box of Count Chocula a few weeks ago. I got to enjoy 2 nice bowls of cereal, and then house guests ravaged the rest when I was at work.... wasn't happy.

Recently, I haven't been impressed with many cereals at all...they've all gotten cheap and aren't what they use to be...it first started with them all converting to whole grain...but then after that they just got cheaper and cheaper...

cookie crisp now tastes like mud...capt crunch isn't what it use to be...cinnamon toast crunch doesn't have the same texture anymore...and it gets tiring after a while...french toast crunch is completely ruined...it's just a variation of cinnamon toast crunch...etc etc...only cereals I really enjoy eating anymore are mini wheats and honey bunches of oats...

They even ruined cocoa and fruity pebbles...all of 'em...ruined...

ya, I don't like anything other than grapnut flakes these days.

And I know the feeling about losing most of your childhoods. I just look back at all the freedom and carefree feeling there was. There is just too much responsibilities these days.

cookie crisp used to be the shiz. i used to eat it all the time as a wee lad. it doesnt have the same pizzaz as it did back in the days for me though. they got rid of the original mascots, which were a bunch of burglars. they replaced them with some lame looking wolf.

boooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom