Mastodon fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
I know this isn't a music forum but these guys are cool if you're into metal.

Not underground but slightly less heard of, they're coming out with a new CD in August and they're trying something new again as I've heard.

Like Mastodon's previous studio work Leviathan, Blood Mountain is also a concept album. According to drummer Brann Dailor, "It's about climbing up a mountain and the different things that can happen to you when you're stranded on a mountain, in the woods, and you're lost. You're starving, hallucinating, running into strange creatures. You're being hunted. It's about that whole struggle." The album will include guest appearances by Scott Kelly of Neurosis, as well as keyboardist Isaiah Ikey Owens and singer Cedric Bixler-Zavala of The Mars Volta.

Track listing:

* "Circle of the Cysquatch"
* "Hunters of the Sky"
* "The Sleeping Giant"
* "Bladecatcher"
* "The Colony of Birchmen"
* "Pendulous Skin"
* "The Siberian Divide" (featuring Cedric Bixler-Zavala)
* "Capillarian Crest"
* "Hand of Stone"
* "Crystal Skull" (featuring Scott Kelly)
* "The Wolf Is Loose"
* "This Mortal Soil"

So I can't wait. I loved Leviathan so I wanna hear this bad.

Wat you guys think?

huh? dood, i listen to it in my headphones, and if it's satanic i dont pay attn to that, i like the guitars and stuff and can you please talk in english like a normal person? and wat about you, with the lyrics for eulogy in your sig? that's not satanic? Don't see me lashing out at you. I'm religious but I don't pay attn to the lyrics much, and its not about satan or anything...their last album was about a whale.

First off man, TOTAL JOKE. Geeez, they must really lay the guilt on nice and thick down there. Secondly, eulogy certainly mocks some fundamental beliefs about Christianity, but it is certainly not satanic. Please all further post for Mastodon fans ONLY!

lol, no offense taken anyway, I just happen to like the metal/hard rock style of music, I can't stand country, not nearly enough bass (i play bass guitar) and the voice..YUCK, polka..annoying and no bass, classical, unless its played on more modern instruments like electric guitar..no, it's what i enjoy listening to, tool, mastodon, deftones, watever I'm into at the moment helps me to concentrate and stuff. melodies and stuff(watever they're called) just start turning the gears in my head, and for the record its actually pretty far north where I am, just a town that acts like a ton of southerners.

MASTODON.JPG

Yeah dude. Mastodon's ruled the prehistoric ages... All elephants would rue the day they crossed paths with one of those beasts...

ROCK ON!!!

lol, nice, their new website is up and i picked up a wallpaper. their closest concert is 3 hours away from here tonight i'd go, but im broke for the moment and parents would never let me go.

Never heard'em, give me names of their best songs i'll hear'em and give you my opinion :D

[Yeah, i'm a metal fan myself anyway]

-Jo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom