Martial Arts (and) Video :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
That uy wasn't flailing his arms, he was dodging the black kid and then landed a punch in quite well.

"Muit-Down Kickboxing..."

septoid2 said:
That uy wasn't flailing his arms, he was dodging the black kid and then landed a punch in quite well.
AMEN. ;)

The thing about American Karate is that it doesn't teach it's students to interact with an apponents attacks, only to punch and kick accurately, which isn't always enough.

the biggest problem with Karate in the US (as seen on the video) is that it isn't authentic. Just because it carries the same historical names as it's origins, doesn't make it the same martial art as it once was. here's what i mean:

stupitsu-karate.jpg

There are some serious problems with this stance, but the sad part is that he is doing it "Correctly" now a days. :rolleyes:

1. He is beant too far sideways. :wooha: The reason you usualy never see this with videogame charachters who practice Karate, (for example, Sub-zero or Jonny Cage from Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance) is because you're begging to get kicked in the back of the head.

2. His legs are spread way too far, as Chankama mentioned. When doing something like that, you are begging to either get kicked in the **** or get your knee crushed sideways if anybody kicks you in either one of those places.

3. Nobody in their right mind puts their hand that far in front of them.:confused: Someone can easily grab his arm and slip behind him, either chocking him out or breaking his neck.:confused:

4. his other arm is too far behind him. He cannot strike without making it obvius.

Reasonably enough, the Japanese do NOT practice Karate this way. the US has done some pretty bad things with Martial Arts.
Blocking, defending, dodging and avoidance is alot more important than punches and kicks. (As the white kid displayed in the end);) :cool:

Good points, ATI. Karate focuses on snap moves, or at least the Ishinryu I used to take did.

The dude's stancs is more like TaeKwonDo, which should never be confused with Karate.

Pff... Forget Kung-Fu or any variation.. and karate??? Oh sure... they are nice styles and have alot of traditional roots.... but, I'd much rather study a form that will protect me in a real street fight.... or real world situation. The reason you are all laughing that that kid was the fact that he was "trying" to use traditional techniques. (He did succeed intimidating the other guy...) and he did put him on the ground...

But, the other kid obviously has no skills fighting... and was a dead duck the minute he opened his mouth.

If you want to protect yourself on the street i'd recommend the follow mix. (Brazilian Jui Jitsu, Muay Thai and Traditional Boxing)

Why you ask? 99.9% of all Street Fights End up on the ground with-in a few seconds. If you can't fight on the ground, your as good as dead or seriously injured.

I worked in a very busy college sports bar and I've seen a lot of kids fight. Every single one ends up on the ground. Unless of course someone was sucker punched and knocked out. "Hardly Ever".

Ever watch UFC? "Ultimate Fighting Championship"

What happens to these so called, "Kung-Fu or Karate fighters?"
They get OWNED!!! As soon as they hit the floor... It's over, very quickly...

BJJ, Muay Thai, Boxing.... You will get owned....

"Matial Watts..."

HAVOC2k5 said:
Pff... Forget Kung-Fu or any variation.. and karate??? Oh sure... they are nice styles and have alot of traditional roots.... but, I'd much rather study a form that will protect me in a real street fight.... or real world situation. The reason you are all laughing that that kid was the fact that he was "trying" to use traditional techniques. (He did succeed intimidating the other guy...) and he did put him on the ground...

Hmmm... You should read the post when i said:
Reasonably enough, the Japanese do NOT practice Karate this way. the US has done some pretty bad things with Martial Arts.

The thing about American Karate is that it doesn't teach it's students to interact with an apponents attacks, only to punch and kick accurately, which isn't always enough.

the biggest problem with Karate in the US (as seen on the video) is that it isn't authentic. Just because it carries the same historical names as it's origins, doesn't make it the same martial art as it once was.
If you read that, ^^ You will know why i said that America has ***'d up martial arts. :mad: It was at first a very deadly and accurate method of fighting no matter what praticular style it was. Now it's a bunch of fancy **** crap for a bunch of show offs. :rolleyes:

If you want to protect yourself on the street i'd recommend the follow mix. (Brazilian Jui Jitsu, Muay Thai and Traditional Boxing)

Wow... You sound alot like this video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...rate+vs+kung+fu

Muay Thai is not very practical. Any fighting style that teaches you to "DRAG YOUR WEIGHT" and "LEAN WITH YOUR KICKS" is not very reasonable in combat. It's just not safe.

The thing I never liked about Brezillian Ju-Jutsu is that it teaches you to get too close. YOU NEVER WANT TO GET TOO CLOSE TO AN OPPONENT! For one, you never know who is hiding a sharp weapon, and can stab you with it. It might be good for sport, but not for real combat.

Bare knuckle/ Traditional weastern boxing is very accurate, but it sucks. The reason i say that it sucks is because... I can't even name all the things wrong with it, there are too many things ****d up about it. :confused:

as fore the video^^, I don't like the way that guy loosely uses the tearm: "Martial arts from the far east." I think that's awfully stupid how the US can screw up the martial arts and then blame it on where it came from. How pathetic. :rolleyes:

Ever watch UFC? "Ultimate Fighting Championship"
Yes, and i must say that is the most idiotic crap I have ever seen in my life. :wooha: It's basicly just a "Let's see who can jump on eachother the fastest" rutien, and then they get locked into armbars and leg holds that are soo easy to get out of, but THEY cant because they cant even carry their own weight. Ken Shamrock was good at first, but then he started being more like the others.

What happens to these so called, "Kung-Fu or Karate fighters?"
They get OWNED!!! As soon as they hit the floor... It's over, very quickly...
Everybody knows that the Karate and Kung-Fu people in UFC are rookies. .... I'm suprised you didn't know that. :p

Why you ask? 99.9% of all Street Fights End up on the ground with-in a few seconds. If you can't fight on the ground, your as good as dead or seriously injured.
First off, anybody who instantly falls on the ground is not a good fighter at all. The most basic principle of KUNG-FU teaches to never lean on one foot, thus teaching the practice of instantly getting back up if you fall. Karate teaches the importance of allways staying solid on the ground, keeping one foot too support your rear weight and the other to support from the front. Beside, Kung Fu was the birth of alot of wrestling submissions since the 15th century, that even groups like the CIA and others use as their basic principle.

Believe me when I say that fighting styles from the far east are the most practical, and are more likely to win a battle rather than just teach sombody HOW to battle. I've been in a lot of fights when i was a little younger (and got in a lot of trouble) and i can tell you that all the Martial Arts are alot more practical than other fighting styles, but like i said before. Amarica aint doin it right.. ;) :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom