Man of Steel on his Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefragMyHead

In Runtime
Who's pumped for the "S?!" Da Man o' Steel. thats right. The man is RETURNING!
Superman Returns!
I was never a fan of the original movies or comics. I never saw either actually. But this film looks for rrrrrreal. I am pumped, especially since it's Singer, so you know there is some super-hero veterans running the show. This is going to blow that turd-fest X3 out of the water.
KABOOOOOM! Shhhhplaaaaaaaaaaash!

I think he looks a bit cartoonish in the movie. It's not dark enough like latest Batman movie, which kicked every comic book movies *** that has ever been released.

How bout a live-action Smurf adventure, that would totally rock, y'know like Jokey Smurf could be blowing Stuff up all the time and yelling " SURPRISE " , and they could add new updated Smurfs like THUG Smurf, Gangsta Wrapper Smurf, Taliban Smurf, Osama Bin Smurf, now that would be Coooollll.....:D

HAVOC2k5 said:
Meh, superman... I wanna see Super Women.. May-be "Jessica Simpson?" lol - Yeah... In that tight leotard... woot!

I dunno I think either Angelina Jolie, or maybe Keria Knighley when she looked like from domino would be better;)

Angelina Jolie wouldn't fit the role, only because people would be thinking "Tomb Raider" the whole movie. And Keria Knighley would fit either. She's a British Actress and "Super Women" is all American. I can't see a British Super Women.

how about, "Kristanna Loken?" Yeah.... I think she would be perfect!
kristanna_loken.JPG

That's super women right there....

I really can not say that SuperGirl did it for me. Like she's pretty much Superman with boobs and the ability to shapeshift.
Same goes with Spider-Woman, Batgirl, Bionic Woman etc.
I don't mean to sound sexist here, but I find that gender bending super heros is just a cheap stunt to sell more books.

20060619kevinspacey7dg.png

THIS POST AS SPOILERS

I just came back from seeing Superman Returns.

Part Sequal
Part Remake
Over all, I liked the 1978 version better

The movie is effectively the fifth superman film, unlike Batman Begins where they rebooted the origins and setting from the 1999 Batman movie.
I was sort of hoping for more focus on the orgins of superman, however I think the director is just going to leave it to us to catch up with the last 5 seasons of Smallville instead.

My advise is watch the orginal movie before going to see the new one.

2 things that I did not like where.
[SPOILERS] Lois Lane i did not like. I did not like the her entire attitude of "I am over my Superman crush" thing
[/SPOILERS]

[UBAR-SPOILER] That death of Superman thing towards the end was waste of 15 minutes. Like Supes has faught nastier fights than that and lived. Even that fight with Nuclear man was nastier.
They really should of saved that for a Doomday / Death and Life Of Superman film(s)
One nice touch that I noticed that the date on the movie's Daily Planet's Death Of Superman was the same date (Sept 29) that they DC tried killing off superman in Doomday. Nice easter egg there, however a waste of 15 minutes film time, and some thing that they could of saved for a future film.
[UBAR-SPOILER]

Over all, Superman Returns is a good film. It worth seeing in the cinema.

go figure, I', the thread starter and still have not seen the film yet, but I'm going this week. I heard that it may be a little slow for a superhero movie, but I can handle slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom