Man Killed By Exploding PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, spontaneous human combustion is more likely than his PC exploding? Wha..?

How would spontaneous combustion explain the fact that the PC was blown apart? Why is it more likely that he (bearing in mind he's something like 75% water) suddenly caught fire, as opposed to his pc, which is a completely dry object with 220VAC flowing into (and of course, out of) it?

Could it be, that on smelling burning from the PC, our man blew into the front grille on the case, and the resulting air flow caused the five years worth of dust on the bottom of the case to suddenly puff into a cloud and this cloud, coupled with the arcing inside the PSU that was causing the original smell, caused a dust explosion (Dust explosion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) obliterating the PC, and the man's face and body?

Is that any less likely that spontaneous human combustion?

I always tell customers to blow out their cases every now and then. Unless I really don't like them...;)

But seriously, how hard is it to blow out your case? I tell people who obviously smoke to blow it out at least once every couple weeks if they smoke in front of the computer, since "smoker's dust" can fry components a lot easier than normal dust.

That is the reason wood shops at high schools now clean the walls and everything down once in awhile.... Dust explosions are scary, and VERY fast...

Techie found dead in front of burnt computer - Chennai - Cities - The Times of India

I would like to see the forensics reports on both the victim and the computer. Methinks there was a little "summum-summum" added to the rig. Since he was sitting up, either it happened very fast or was a case of spontaneity combustion.

I think the rig was juiced myself, it dosent take much to turn a human into a crispy bake delight some kind of intensive high density explosive will do it in a limited range and considering the flat mate said there was a explosion so it would fit. The only theory I can think of that dose not invlove foul play is a gas leak but they tend to burn for a long time after the initial moment of detonation an dose not read with the information available so far.

It's not that hard to fix a device to the inside fo a computer case that could be remotly detonated that would do this kind of damage, infact I can think of the top of me head a number of scenarios that fit with a remote detonated device.

First exploding Office Chairs. Now this. I think the office equipment are beginning to start a revolution.

I now fear the using the photocopier.

I do believe some sort of explosive device was triggered inside the computer case, I highly doubt that anything out of acomputer could kill someone as fast as that appeared to have. Because who's just gona let themselves be burnt to death? i mean seriously. My money's on explosive devices probably not safe for civilian without proper training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom