Man dies after 50 hours of computer games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8888579/
Man dies after 50 hours of computer games
South Korean left seat in Internet cafe only to use toilet, take brief naps

SEOUL, South Korea - A South Korean man who played computer games for 50 hours almost non-stop died of heart failure minutes after finishing his mammoth session in an Internet cafe, authorities said on Tuesday.

The 28-year-old man, identified only by his family name Lee, had been playing online battle simulation games at the cybercafe in the southeastern city of Taegu, police said.

Lee had planted himself in front of a computer monitor to play online games on Aug. 3. He only left the spot over the next three days to go to the toilet and take brief naps on a makeshift bed, they said.

"We presume the cause of death was heart failure stemming from exhaustion," a Taegu provincial police official said by telephone.

Lee had recently quit his job to spend more time playing games, the daily JoongAng Ilbo reported after interviewing former work colleagues and staff at the Internet cafe.

After he failed to return home, Lee's mother asked his former colleagues to find him. When they reached the cafe, Lee said he would finish the game and then go home, the paper reported.

He died a few minutes later, it said.

South Korea, one of the most wired countries in the world, has a large and highly developed game industry.

At least he was remembering to leave to go to the bathroom. I know a few gamers that forget to even do that. (Hi Roo!!!) :roll:

I remember it was 3 years ago where there was another Korean that was found dead at his keyboard in his appartment. It turned out that people were complaining about the smell. And then the landlords inspected the house to find this gamers infront of CS.

Quit his job to play more games? that's freakin' rediculous....he shoulda just gave up on life

tripple repost ;)

Alex81388 said:
Ah, that is just precious...

Anyone besides me ever try to poop while playing a game?
I am never that addicted to a game where I feel the need to continue the game over basic bodily functions.
Let along take a break.

I think the longest I have played a PC game has been 14 hours. And even there, I did have breaks.

diabloII said:
Quit his job to play more games?
I wish I could be that lucky!!!!!! Come to think of it, I was about to take an R.D.O. today, and bum around the house playing SWG.
diabloII said:
that's freakin' rediculous....he shoulda just gave up on life
He did!!!!

I would like to know whether it was just him falling over dead that got every one's attension, or whether it was smell of the corpse that alerted every one that he was dead.

3 years ago, South Korea again, there was some one that died after playing CS for 3 days straight.

It was the smell of the corpse in his appartment that was baking in the summer heat that alerted the land lord's attension.

Hmm what a moron playing a game for 3 days. wow i know landparty in Dallas are like 2 days and they all the gamers sleep get up and start playing again but that guy was just dum.

Dark_Sniper* said:
Hmm what a moron playing a game for 3 days. wow i know landparty in Dallas are like 2 days and they all the gamers sleep get up and start playing again but that guy was just dum.
Thankfully the rest of the human gene pool does not have to worry about him any more.

"...South Korea, one of the most wired countries in the world, has a large and highly developed game industry..."
Yeah...highly-developed with stollen games and other pirated software.

,|, :mad: ,|,

Anyway, this guy must have had some serious heart problems, because this kind of play happens all the time. When I was in college, I knew dozens of other kids, including myself, who did this regularly! Hell, if there was a 3-day weekend, you'd be lucky if we took a nap at all! Once you got enough caffine in you, sleep isn't a factor anymore!

Any college kid knows this. If this guy DIED after just 50 hours of gameplay WITH NAPS, he was a lightweight pansy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom