Major bridge collapse in Minneapolis , MN

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMMteo

In Runtime
For anyone that isn't watching the news a major bridge in Minneapolis collapsed over the Mississippi river. They're saying there is at least 50 or more cars underneath the fallen part as well as a dozen or more in the river. I'll keep posting the more info I hear.

wow they're showing the part in the mississippi and let me tell you, i dont really want to say this but I don't no how someone could live through something that bad.

Oh god I just hope more people are not dead.

Keep posting news as fast as you get it please.

Oh no.....I just read, that it was rush hour at the time, and it was bumper to bumper traffic on the bridge. That's just too many people.

Yep, rush hour is terrible around that area. Well, pretty much anywhere on I 35W anyway. I went over that bridge twice yesterday, too. I'll bet that there were just too many cars and all of that pressure turned what was maybe a small crack into a complete split. It looks like a terrible accident and it's pretty high, too. I don't see much chance of making it through that one I hate to say.

Glad to see that you're safe, jorsoft. When I saw the news article you immediately sprung to mind.

Glad to see that you're safe, jorsoft. When I saw the news article you immediately sprung to mind.

Thanks for the concern. I've probably had a half dozen phone calls making sure I'm okay. My grandparents, unable to reach me, actually contacted my roomate's wife's sister (who they've never met) to get our house number to check up on me. I should probably add "And no I didn't die on the collapsed bridge..." to my voicemail :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom