Made Dollas off of AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCC Fan

In Runtime
well i thought i'd give the stock market a chance so i can make money. i bout 3 amd shares for about 17 dollas each a couple about half a year ago. then about a month after i bout it, amd said that they and dell were just thinking of ways to use amd chips on some dell servers. this shot up the amd stock so high i made $1007.35......... pretty good after just putting in like 50 dollas.... BUY AMD

well my dad does stocks..... you can't just but in and start doin stocks, you need to give them your bank account crap and everything... i just gave him my 50 dollas and told him to by 3 shares of amd for me... and every day i would search for news, or ask him what the deal was....... its pretty good money when ur a sophomore in high school.

Yeah but hardly anyone has a parent in the stocks that they can just hand money too. Generally you gotta buy a minimum of like 1000 shares or so.

If people could just throw down $50 for 3 shares of AMD we would have done that a long time ago.

Don't know if it's actually 1000 shares, but I'm pretty sure you gotta buy a certain minimum

I've wanted to throw money into various stocks, but yeah I don't really know how to go about doin it

I think the minumum that we had to buy in the stock market game was 100. From what I remember from the research i did for the game, AMD has a high beta, so if you're a risk-taker, and want to make money its a good idea.

www.smartmoney.com is the shit for looking up stocks.

It's beta is listed as a 3.06.

umm im not expert but i think that u can buy any number of stocks... even 1 ...BUT it costs like 20 or 30 bucks for the paperwork n then also 20-30 when u sell it

SO its not worth it unless u buy like 100 stocks or w.e

Where the real money would be is buying and selling comodities. But with that is also the idea that you are taking a MUCH higher risk.

Mutual funds are imho the best for starting out, because it pays a lot better interest than savings and bonds together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom