Lucky Escape..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Went to the local gun shop and range on Saturday to buy a new air rifle, there was a man there who whilst checking his targets was hit in the neck with a .177 He was bleeding a fair amount but it wasn't deadly so he headed up to the hospital. I was just wondering if it had of hit an artery would of a .177 pellet been enough to of killed him ? :eek:

It could have killed him, it's down to where it hit him, how much the pellet expanded, the FTLB's of the gun that fired it an much much more, but he is still a lucky sod. If it hit him in the eye he would have lost it, was he down the range when it hit him? i.e. behind the firing line? or was it some idot not behaving safely with a gun?

He was an idiot, your supposed to pull in your targets via a rope system, but he decided to walk up the firing page and look.

It was a Bisley Magnum pointed pellet, and it ricocheted off a spinning metal target from a 37ft lbs Air Rifle i believe. I think it was that atleast, it was very powerfull though, half inch groupings at 85 yards with 16.5 grain pellets (i think that's what Bisley Magnums are) And i don't even think there well known for accuracy.

Love my rifle though :D

Logun Solo PCP 12.2Ft Lbs (chronographed at shop) With a 10 shot mag, and Simmons 3-9 x50 scope, a better silencer than the one in the image though.

11160B.gif

Idiot, you never go down range when any one is firing a weapon, there is NEVER a excuse for acting unsafe when there is a weapon out. I haven't shot a that brand of pellets so i have no idea how much they expand when they hit a target, but a 37ftlbs air rifle is capable of killing some one just as a 11ftlb air rifle it's just more likely but as it was a ricochet it would have lost a fair bit of it's power but it still could have killed him.

He is a lucky sod, but i have no sympathy for him he was unsafe in the presence of a firearm.

Yup.

What air rifle you own/use ?

Any pellets you recommend for hunting ? with the exception of JSB predators as they won't fit in my 10 shot mag supposedly :(

Typicaly would be shooting crows, rooks, squirrels and rabbits up to about 30yards maximum.

The air guns I own are:
webley exocet .22 suppressed with a 3-9 50mm bushmaster scope.
Crossman Ratcatcher with the suppressor an a x6 mag zeiuss scope.
QB78 I haven't done anything with that yet but I might take a crack at making a stock for this one, or at least modding one.

An quite a few more FAC class firearms.

Pellets I like vary from gun to gun, but I like the cheep an cheerful Webley harrier pellets, but there is another brand that I havent seen much of outside of liverpool but they are DOMINATORS loads of versions out there even tracer pellets, very useful for a little after dark bunny bashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom