Luck of the Irish

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliasaid

Fully Optimized
Any predictions for the upcoming home - and - away match up between Ireland and France for a spot in South Africa World Cup 2010?

France have the quality players, but i believe Trapattoni's men have the strength, grit, belief, and most importantly, LUCK, to make it to the finals!

I predict:
Ireland 2 - 0 France in Ireland
France 0 - 0 Ireland in France
Ireland advances!

Any other predictions? Saturday is a big big day for Soccer. I'll also be keen to see who wins in the friendly between Brazil and England in Doha.

France should win.

I hope that Ireland does.

robbie-keane-ireland-pic-getty-77598168.jpg

You just reminded me that i dislike Robbie Keane :p

I knew that YOU would reply to this thread Hefe, i even contemplated mentioning Sweden's failure to make it through... but i didn't want to start a flame war, as i know you're prone to be drawn into those...

Yes I am the King of the flame war. :)

It sucks about Sweden but the USA made it so I am happy.

Ireland needs to win because I think it would be unfair to have Arsenal play in the world cup.

USA made it so I am happy..

That makes you happy? I get annoyed when i watch the USA play... they prevented us from having a Brazil-Spain final in the confed cup :(

it would be unfair to have Arsenal play in the world cup

lol, good one!

I'm a liverpool fan, but i will admit that arsenal have a really nice playing style. Gallas, Sagna, Clichy... and thats it right? Only defenders... not such a big influence as previous world cups. Oh yea! i forgot Samir Nasri.

Oh and i would also imagine Patrice Evra getting the nod ahead of Clichy (who, on top of that, is injured i believe..)

As for sweden, other than Ibra, they have no one else. Gone are the days of in-form Lujnberg and Larsson..

The USA makes me happy because I am a citizen.

As for Sweden, they played well but Zlatan could not put in the back of the net when given the opportunity and some suspect defending caused them their shot at the world cup.

France should win even though their defense is pretty beat up... Henry isn't what he used to be for sure, but he's still good. I would think he's good enough to propel them into the world cup, but I wouldn't look to see them progress farther than the group stages... USA football is really funny to watch, like the MLS games after watching the UEFA Champions league and world cup football MLS is just goofy looking. I hope France wins, but I would look to Ireland as a very good upcoming team.

ok well, france won 1-0, lol, with Anelka getting the goal.

Looks pretty tough for Ireland now, they have to win away from home which looks unlikely now... but hey... THE LUCK OF THE IRISH MAY PREVAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom