Low calorie diet

Status
Not open for further replies.
john3 said:
k now, about that meal plan that you posted about

1) for meal 1, i basically extract the white part of 5 eggs, 1 whole egg, water (how much), and cinnamon and splenda, mix it in a cup and drink it? or wat? i've never done this, so yeah.

2)4oz lean meat, what kind of meat, can u have like home made stuff from ground beef? or wat?, and what can replace that 1oz almond fat source, i kinda have trouble with nuts cause i just got braces (sucks)

3) those 2 samples you gave, can i mix them up, like use meal 1 from sample 1, then meal 2 of sample 2?

4)how often should i weighlift, bike?

1. 5 egg whites, 1 whole egg - scramble them on a non-stick pan. You'll wanna mix the splenda and cinnamon with 1/2 cup of oats (quaker oats are fine, Steel Cut is really the best).

2.You might want to bump it up to 5-6oz of lean meat. Deli meat has to be sliced, if it comes in the package in circles then it is bad - its a bunch of carbohydrate filler and sodium in it. Lean Ground beef, chicken, fish, other lean cuts of cow. 1 oz of almonds could probably be replaced with a table spoon of flax oil or even olive oil(its kind of rough downing a spoon full of oil - but its effective).

3. Diets I posted are a guidline - You can mix and match anything you want. Here's the best way to do it: Shoot for a gram of protein per pound of body weight (sorry about the english units if use the metric system). Each meal should have a protein and a carb in it - fat usually falls in line with the meat if thats your protein source. Meat cuts about as big as your closed fist and a little larger on the carbohydrate.

4. Lifting 3 days a week and doing cardio 3-4 is excellent. When you workout dont neglect core exercises like bench press, squats, deadlifts.

apparently the whole "aspartame is bad for you" theory is just a myth. no scientific evidence behind it... or so my chem prof said.. he could just be bs'ing.

thanx a lot UA Iron

k just some additional questions so i get everything in place. i no that the egg and oatmeal is seperate, but what about the splenda and cinnamon, do i put it in my coffee or tea right?

another quetsion about meal 6. from what i've read its not good to eat after like 7:30 or 8ish. so is it really okay to drink a 3rd protein shake in 1 day. or can i just down some veggies or some kind of liquid, like soup (if yes, what kind), or some yogurt type thing.

oh and about the um meats again. can it be like liver wurst or a burger, stuff like that, a meatball.

and about downing that tbsp of olive oil, can i like mix it with some water and drink it? or put it on my food or something?

aliasaid said:
apparently the whole "aspartame is bad for you" theory is just a myth. no scientific evidence behind it... or so my chem prof said.. he could just be bs'ing.

I wouldnt be too concerned about it - just dont take lab rat doses of it like 200 grams a day.

What I would be worried about is inactivity - that has a more direct impact on health.

john3 said:
thanx a lot UA Iron

k just some additional questions so i get everything in place. i no that the egg and oatmeal is seperate, but what about the splenda and cinnamon, do i put it in my coffee or tea right?

another quetsion about meal 6. from what i've read its not good to eat after like 7:30 or 8ish. so is it really okay to drink a 3rd protein shake in 1 day. or can i just down some veggies or some kind of liquid, like soup (if yes, what kind), or some yogurt type thing.

oh and about the um meats again. can it be like liver wurst or a burger, stuff like that, a meatball.

and about downing that tbsp of olive oil, can i like mix it with some water and drink it? or put it on my food or something?

Green tea is an excellent diet aid, and yes you could put both of those in green tea or coffee.

You can certainly eat later in the day - you will want to avoid carbs as you get into the night. Since you'll be winding down there will be no reason to take in carbs really (thats the theory at least). Protein is excellent before bed; you dont grow muscles in the gym, you grow them when you're recovering during your sleep.

I would avoid ANY sausages. Burgers are fine (no mayo, load up the veggies, lean beef), meatball is good if its lean beef.

Rule of thumb: if it tastes good its bad for you (this fact = the suck)

not really, i LOVE meatballs, especially with some rolled up with some onions, and dried sour plum in the center. and in the soup you include chick peas cooked with the meatballs, you should really try it, it tastes GREAT. and its not that bad. it just includes ground beef with onions, and a dried sour plum, and some chick peas. anywayz.....

thanx a lot for your help UA, would u mind if a PM you if i have any further questions?

john3 said:
thanx a lot UA Iron

The Splenda and cinnamon go in your oatmeal to make it taste better without loading it up with sugar and other unwanted items.

john3 said:
i like oatmeal as it is, so no worries there.

He is talking about plain oatmeal. Not apple cinnamon, not brown sugar. So some Splenda and cinnamon, which is calorie free might not be a bad idea.

john3 said:
not really, i LOVE meatballs, especially with some rolled up with some onions, and dried sour plum in the center. and in the soup you include chick peas cooked with the meatballs, you should really try it, it tastes GREAT. and its not that bad. it just includes ground beef with onions, and a dried sour plum, and some chick peas. anywayz.....

thanx a lot for your help UA, would u mind if a PM you if i have any further questions?

yeah, shoot me a pm whenever you have a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom