Lost dad found dead in wilderness

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sad, but people really need to be better educated on these sorts of things. If you're stranded somewhere the absolute last thing you are supposed to do is wander away and try and save yourself, you stick together, stay where you are and try and attract attention however you can. Irregardless of how hopeless the situation may be, generally you can't help yourself much at all. As to why he wandered off the road, that boggles me.

But if you ever get lost in the woods, at sea, wherever, stay where you are and attract attention to yourself. It's been proven that this is the best strategy for survival.

i posted another thread about this...no one looked at this. but this is truly a sad story and he was so young also only 35 years of age. i was really hoping that they would find him alive. very sad story

Technology can save your life, GPS, navigational system.

James was smart, but he made a brave and foolish mistake by wandering out for help without the necessary resources. I bet if he had a lighter and warm clothes he could survive out there for more than a week without food. Water is near by. Start a fire, fire is your best protection and weapon against predators.

Reply to Gaara

Yea, but I think he felt like no one would find them and they were running out of resources. I guess he wander off, and the cold got to him. Just like the desert, you hallucinate and wander off, then your lost. It was just a sad story that could of been prevented easily.

I'm part of a Ground Team, and Emergency Services is what we do. As Law said, the cold will get to you, and you won't be able to make sound decisions and therefore you do stupid things. He also may have seen a light of some sort and thinking that it was close he headed towards it. This happens a lot. Lights are a tricky thing because you can see them from miles and miles away; however, a lot of people don't realize that.

This is a sad story, but I can't help but start to feel numb towards these sorts of things as I've participated in a lot of searches that didn't end so well.

Wow I saw this in the paper the other day and I was hoping they would find him alive. But I guess there wasn't much hope since they had already found his pants first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom