Losing weight after Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grab a jump rope, you'll reek more benefits from it.
Run, and eat well. Just a lot of cardio will do your body wonders.
If you are trying to drop in weight, refrain from any type of heavy lifting.
High reps, low weight.

Fresh healthy diet and smaller portions is all the most people need to lose weight. I used to do 50 sit ups and 20 pressups every morning and night adjust to however many you can do helps tone your upper body and lower back. Once you move onto a serious number of sit ups its more beneficial imo to do V-sits as they concentrate on core strength aswell as muscle balance. I haven't been to the gym much recently though sex is a good substitute and fun :D

try vegetarian diet if you can deal with that. i started that at September last year and i weighed like 105KG {unsure of what any of my weight is in LBS though}. and im now like 88KG.

Vegetarian doesn't necessarily mean a good diet I have a vege friend who seems to fry all her food plus soy milk icecream is amazing not quite as creamy as dairy but alot sweeter really gets my thumbs up :p I could get addicted to that stuff. I use to eat vege 3-4 days a week for a couple of months gave up because the texture of quorn wasn't quite for me and there is only so much you can do to disguise it.

Atkins does work. I did it a while back (way back), and dropped 88 pounds in nine months. Yes, 88 pounds. I did ir a little more strict than you are supposed to, but it worked for me. The problem was I came off of it and went crazy. It took me twice as long but I regained it all back.

The South Beach Diet is similar to Atkins, but not as extreme. Both are diets for carnivores. ;)

yeah i dunno what i was going for when i said what i said... That is one facet that a diet brings though. If you eat better you'll feel a whole **** of a lot better. But yeah diet does work if you stay faithful and also exercising helps a ton.

i agree with boxing/kickboxing. that wears me out unlike any other cardio exercise. you get up to where you can continually dance around the bag and punch/kick for 30-40 minutes and you WILL be in good shape.
another low impact is walking. yes, just walking. start at 1 mile and build yourself up to 3-5 miles 3-4 times a week.

swimming also is great. thing is if you're larger it can be a bit embarassing, but its low impact on all yoru joints and water is fun :)

Not if you're just ploughing up and down a lane 2 hours a week it's not :(
However, it is good exercise

And walking won't get you fitter unless you raise your heart rate, if you're just strolling around then it will keep you in your current shape

yeah but people who are significantly overweight...their heart rate increases greatly just by walking. you cant expect someone who is 100 pounds overweight to just jump out and start running 5 miles a day :D

Walking is good exercise it works the majority of muscles with out impact pressure that running involves the average person running adds 15x there body weight of pressure on there joint when running on a hard surface such as roads. Times my body weight and your working in the tonnage as with many walking is not to be scoffed at...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom