Looking for suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I received a $40 NewEgg gift certificate for Christmas. And I have no clear idea what to use it on. My cooling is fine (good case, plenty of fans, good CPU cooler, good GFX cooler). I have 8GB (4 x 2GB) RAM already. I am running a decent quad. My PSU is more than adequate. I have a good mouse and pad.

My thoughts ran toward additional storage (but the prices are nuts still) or a new keyboard.

So... what I am asking for are suggestions as far as what would be worth going for. The only stipulations are that everything has to come from NewEgg and the price should be as close to $40 as possible.

I am looking for suggestions of decent stuff others have. I am leaning toward a keyboard but the ones I like are to $$$. I have a Saitek Eclipse which is OK, but nothing to write home about.

you could always use some nice case fans, or something else you wouldn't normally spend the money on...

maybe some nice 120mm fans plus grill/filters?
or maybe a "All-in-one" card reader?

you could always use some nice case fans, or something else you wouldn't normally spend the money on...

maybe some nice 120mm fans plus grill/filters?
or maybe a "All-in-one" card reader?

Trotter, I'm sure know ram isn't always invincible and you know it will fail on one of those days.
Pick up a a spare 4gb and tuniq x2 when you have to change your cpu's grease.
I would spend a little money on it and have a backup just in case stuff goes "POOF!"

I am looking for suggestions of decent stuff others have. I am leaning toward a keyboard but the ones I like are to $$$. I have a Saitek Eclipse which is OK, but nothing to write home about.
which ones are you looking at?
I was actually considering to replace mine with the sidewinder x4...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom