looking into getting a CB radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie

Console Gamer
me and a friend are wanting to get one each for our vehical but wwhat is the range of them

as long as they are on the same channel wont we able to communicate?

sorry to double post but whats a good brand and what tweaks can i do to make the signal length longer?

Cobra has always been a great brand. Range is easily a couple of miles. A base station with a kicker can go ten miles or more depending on the height of the antenna and surroundings.

CBs bring back memories... "Breaker one-nine, is anyone there? Come on back, truckers, and talk to Teddy Bear..."

Cobra has always been a great brand. Range is easily a couple of miles. A base station with a kicker can go ten miles or more depending on the height of the antenna and surroundings.

CBs bring back memories... "Breaker one-nine, is anyone there? Come on back, truckers, and talk to Teddy Bear..."

Ah hah...thanks for a good laugh, Trotter.

We have a CB in the motorhome...that thing comes in handy when you're sitting in a traffic jam....you just ask the truckers in the opposite lane what's going on in your lane....or you just listen to them all talking, and laugh at how they talk....it's some good stuff.

Yeah, gotta love Red Sovine. My dad had stacks of trucker's albums and drove a Pabst truck for several years.

He still has a CB he pulls out for road trips, but he used one for many, many years as I was growing up. His handle was The Junkman (scrapped cars for extra money), but several people started using it, so he went to Flusher.

I went by WhizKid as a kid, and then I changed to the Whiz (my neighbor's nickname for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom