Longest time on net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you guys spend a lot of time, The most I've spent is maybe 5 hours of gaming.

The longest I have spent online with no sleep is somewhere around 16-17 hours. That is not a regular occurence though;)

what is this nature you are talking about? hey...the blinds on my windows open? AAAH!!! WHAT IS THAT BRIGHT LIGHT!!! IM BLINDED!!! must go back to safe haven in front of radiation-emitting screen of heavenly joy...and thats not just from pr0n lol

To each his/her own. I think that people that spend way too much time in from of the computer begin to lose a sense of reality. I mean, where's the personal interaction? I'm glad that I'm not that young anymore. If I started out at 10 or so right now?! With this kind of technology and cyberaction going on?!? By the time I became a person in ......let's say.... my mid-twenties, I would be a social idiot. I'm almost that way now ;) , but when it's nice out....screw this machine, I'm on the Disc Golf course!
Someone on this thread was 13 years old...don't feel like finding who it was but whomever it was....go outside! Take a long hike or something....climb a tree, hike up a mountain, go canoeing.....for the love of pete! LOL :)
Kidding....sort of

-Mike

I have pull the occasional 18 hours of LAN Partying or LEECH Partying.
How ever at most leech parties, you will most likely find me sitting by my computer with a big pile of role play game books writing up notes for my next session, or you will see me hogging the TV as I broaght the PS2 along. Leech Parties (as rewarding as they are) are boring.

Privately, I think i spend on average about 3 hours per day online. This also includes spare time I spend at work doing a little private surfing either during lunch or right at the end of the day.
However, I will pull off the occasional 3-Days-Straight-No-Sleeping-Role-Play-Game-Sessions. That happens about 3 times per year.

But over all, since my prefession involves ccomputers, I do like to spend as much time away from them as I do infront of them. It give me break, and it help me balance my Feng Shui.
Beleive it or not, I do wood work from time to time as I have all ready made a dining table that has been valued at about $5000, and another coffee table that has been custom for my needs a Role Play Gamer.
Ikea does not make coffee tables that will suit up to 6 players with room for books, dice,GMs screens and a few boxes of pizza.

:)

mikesgroovin said:
To each his/her own. I think that people that spend way too much time in from of the computer begin to lose a sense of reality.

A flatmate I had a few years ago was like that. First of all, there is the lack of attension that he had. Then came the lack of periferal vision. Since he was playing FPS games all the time, he never trained himself to pay attension to what is in the corner of his eye. You could stick your fingure up at him, pull faces and more, and he would not see it. This also made his a VERY DANGEROUS driver.

Unfortunatly for him, he was involved in a car accident late last year, and since then he as not reganded conscience yet. Myself and my other flatmate are putting the blame on the fact that he next to no periferal vision.

Once (a loooong time ago) I played Quake TF online for about 30 hours straight (pizza rolls/taco rolls rule). What's that I hear? All the young'ins on this forum asking what Quake TF is? It's the game that single handedly changed online mod gaming. (now DOD is great) But I agree with Mike, some of you people gotta get outside once in a while.. other than to grab your latest PC magazine from the mailbox. I love computers (it's a love/hate relationship), but I also enjoy canoeing, mountain-climbing, cycling, paintball, and exploring the world. There are so many amazing places on this planet to explore, get out and experience it!

Tis true... I can't stand sitting in front of a machine for more than about three hours... if so, I start to fall asleep. I remember when I worked this summer troubleshooting stuff... i'd get in the middle of about 4-5 reinstalls, and I had to go outside and jog around the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom