lol AHHAHAHAH IM SCREEWWEEEDD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How am i being unreasonable??

I never said deneb is better than nehalem, and im not arguing anything.

I simply said the facts, deneb is better than agena and its suited for 45nm, not 65nm. Another fact is that its a great upgrade for those of us who already own amd systems and want to move to a quad.

Yes you can get lower super pi time by tightening timings, so i bet the chip can get an even better score. For all we know the timings on that run could have been loose.

Super pi is not an accurate measure of performance between amd and intel chips, so i compared one amd chip to the other instead. And i also said that from looking around sources are saying that they can get to 4ghz with good cooling and the sb750 chipset.

Nobody is saying deneb is better than nehalem and im not pushing amd onto anyone unlike many people here who push intel over and over, regardless of the persons needs.

deneb is indeed faster than agena:
techPowerUp! News :: Evaluation of the 45nm AMD Deneb Reveals an Efficient Processor in the Making

How am i being unreasonable??

I never said deneb is better than nehalem, and im not arguing anything.

I simply said the facts, deneb is better than agena and its suited for 45nm, not 65nm. Another fact is that its a great upgrade for those of us who already own amd systems and want to move to a quad.

Yes you can get lower super pi time by tightening timings, so i bet the chip can get an even better score. For all we know the timings on that run could have been loose.

Super pi is not an accurate measure of performance between amd and intel chips, so i compared one amd chip to the other instead. And i also said that from looking around sources are saying that they can get to 4ghz with good cooling and the sb750 chipset.

Nobody is saying deneb is better than nehalem and im not pushing amd onto anyone unlike many people here who push intel over and over, regardless of the persons needs.

I wasn't comparing AMD with Intel chips using superpi I was saying that deneb isn't much of an improvement compared to agena in superpi and it's larger cache could be the only reason for the performance difference. That said it's not enough to judge the architecture's overall performance one way or another.

Deneb has the potential to be a good upgrade path for people who already own AM2+ motherboards but after how bad Phenom support was when it came out I wouldn't recommend anyone getting a AM2+ motherboard until deneb is released and we know for sure which mobo's will support it.

I wasn't comparing AMD with Intel chips using superpi I was saying that deneb isn't much of an improvement compared to agena in superpi and it's larger cache could be the only reason for the performance difference. That said it's not enough to judge the architecture's overall performance one way or another.

Deneb has the potential to be a good upgrade path for people who already own AM2+ motherboards but after how bad Phenom support was when it came out I wouldn't recommend anyone getting a AM2+ motherboard until deneb is released and we know for sure which mobo's will support it.

Here we go again.

ok screw super pi it doesnt matter.

But look at the link i posted above...it shows a 65nm and a 45nm on the same system, and the 45nm is faster in every test, uses less power.

And we know for a fact that the sb600 and sb750 boards will run it and oc it well. I know for a fact that my board will run it, since i can run the 9850BE.

Here we go again.

ok screw super pi it doesnt matter.

But look at the link i posted above...it shows a 65nm and a 45nm on the same system, and the 45nm is faster in every test, uses less power.

And we know for a fact that the sb600 and sb750 boards will run it and oc it well. I know for a fact that my board will run it, since i can run the 9850BE.

I was agreeing with you superi doesn't mean anything about deneb's performance. I didn't see those benchmarks before I posted but it doesn't seem like there is a huge increase in performance clock for clock but if deneb can clock higher it may be able to beat Yorkfield. Although until we have benchmarks comparing deneb and C2Q it's too early to call it either way.

Even if the sb600 and sb730 boards are capable of supporting deneb they may still require BIOS updates to work which manufacturers may or may not provide. Weren't allot of am2 boards capable of supporting Phenom but the manufacturers didn't release updated bios's for it?

AHAHAHA, CORE i7 940's ARE A GRAND!!!! $1000 AUD!!!! LOLsFsdfg sdgzsdfgvszfg fsdzfdfgsdwae.[/CENTER]

Yeah. Not wait little next weeks when the effects of yesterday further slide in the dollar kicks into the place.

They Are Going To Take You Away Zedman

In all honesty, this is nothing out of the ordinary for when Intel bring out a new generation of chip.
I lost count the number of times i had the Farther and Son Crowd coming into the shop 2 years ago. Father thinking $1000 computer. Son thinking $1000 just for the QuadCore CPU. Looks like I will be returning to thoses days again really soon.

I just in time for christmas too. I wonder how many kids out there was hoping that santa would give them a i7?

I wasn't referring to overcooking, I was referring to the statement that Phenom wasn't made for 65nm. People keep saying that but I haven't seen any credible information to support it.
That's probably because Deneb is still under NDA

but Shanghai is just out, and is getting much higher performance per watt, as well as 2.8GHZ stock speeds. IPC is approximately 10-15% better [in server applications vs Barcelona].

But I wouldn't be surprised to see 4GHZ on air/water for Deneb.
That combined with their low price, and AM2+ compatibility makes them a great choice.

it doesn't seem like there is a huge increase in performance clock for clock but if deneb can clock higher it may be able to beat Yorkfield. Although until we have benchmarks comparing deneb and C2Q it's too early to call it either way.

At stock no there isn't a huge increase. But its with overclocking Deneb seems to shine. Don't Yorkfields OC to about 4ghz on air? So if that is the case then Deneb and Yorkfields have the same OC potential. Which means it comes down to which one is faster clock for clock.

That isn't an improvement. If Deneb was more than superficially faster than Agena then it will be faster clock for clock. Just being able to overclock farther doesn't prove much. That can be explained by the die shrink. It seems to me that Deneb is a lot like Agena, just with more OC potential. Does Deneb have the cold bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom