Liver Transplant Needed! (Please Help!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

furtivefelon

In Runtime
to tell the truth, no matter how sad sounding the story is (and i admit it is sad sounding (though, isn't there too much sad sounding story in the world if we go and look for it?)), people will not go out and cut a piece of their liver off to help a stranger..

At this point i have to admit that i already filled out the organ donation card in canada (complete donation, all useable organ and tissue) upon brain death, i still wouldn't go as far as helping a stranger (with the exception of monetary donations..) (if then, there are wayy too many people who desperately needs help..)

i may sound pretty harsh, but if you go to thirdworld country poorest district, you would have way more people suffering way more and you would compare this story as relatively lucky..

(i have no idea why i'm digressing, guess it's passed my bedtime :|)

ok, i'll stop now and let other people bash me :|

It truly is sad. But I don't know man. Have their been success stories where people have donated their body parts to strangers while they are still "not-dead"?.. I dunno..

Hope she gets better.

well, I all ready have my organs marked for donation when I was filling out the paper work on my driver's lisence.

How ever I am not planning on getting myself into a car accident (or some other cause of death) just yet so I can donate them.

Hmm... I wont say that you are lying, but if indeed you are advertising for a liver transplant, there is nothing on either Google or Yahoo about this. Considering that you have a Yahoo mail adress set up for this reason, you may consider other methods of advertising rather than posting on a 'technology forum'

This truly is a sad story and I am sorry for your friend's burden.

nevermind..but this stuff isn't even on google....

are 1877 #'s free? if they are im calling it

frankie12 said:
If you had the same thing I don't think you would like something saying that woould you? Someone is dying and you shove them off and you know that you can save that person, that is mean and cruel!

well, and i know i wouldn't jeopardize my health to save him/her either, especially if i have no connection with him/her whatsoever.. (in case you haven't noticed, there are tons of people on waiting list in hospitals, so tell me.. why should anyone who want to donate donate to that person but not to the waiting list? That's selfish, especially if the donor doesn't even have personal connection with the recipient..)..

Though i sincerely hope that she overcome her illness soon.. best of luck :D

Out of curosity....

Frankie, what is Shari Kurzrok to you? Do you know each other?

How do you think posting this will help her situation? Since a liver transplant requires a donor, and the donor must be dead, how can we actually help?

Dave :D

well he must want use to tell him we can be the donor and kill each oursleves to be the donor. O rkill someone that can be as he said she need the whole liver not half which will grow back for us.

You know this hurts to write as i hate to see people suffer but what can we do as DMo224 said it has to be adead donor if she die she dies its gods will if a donor does come about great but it for sure wont be us.

well so waht you think people here are going to help yes its a sad story and its real but this is a tech forum not a donor place really rude no its the truth and the truth hurts sometimes.

Quote+ You can help by if you have had someone that you have known that just died and they have all of the same blood type as Shari then they could give her there liver. End Quote+

you know from that statement if someone jsut died i think that person and there family would be in pain just as you are i bet am i right... i dont think they would help you out as they just lost someone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom