little worried about comp tech guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxxx6969

Baseband Member
Hey, today i had the comp tech guy comp to bring me a new LCD cause my old one broke, i didnt want him snooping around any of my programs or anything cause im worried id get in trouble for having them, IE
Limewire
dvdshrink

is it possible for him to find these without looking in my folder where i keep most my progs...while he was here i watched his every move...once he went to Run: MSCONFIG to try to help fix a window that keeps commig up when i start the comp...then while he was here waiting for best buy to pick the phone up he went to a website called WHOIS.COM or WHOIS.NET...anyone every here of this?

also he went to RUN: cmd and typed in a bunch of numbers...im really nto to great with comp knowledge so i figured id ask.

whois.org is a website that looks up ip addresses or domain names....to find out who that IP belongs to and then he probably pinged the ip he looked up. Best Buy can't really get you for having programs, as long as he didn't open them, you should be fine and he probably cared less...Was he old?

1.) you can't get into trouble for having those programs, the only way you can get into trouble if someone from the cia or fbi or whoever deals with that stuff downloads something off you via limewire or any other program that utilizes the gnutella network (1g, i supposed)
2.) msconfig and whois and the run --> cmd has nothing to do with that, he's just trying to help you like The51 said

chances are, he doesn't know what limewire is, and again, HAVING limewire can't get you into any sort of trouble

you really think hes going to call the police on you and say this man was downloading illegal stuff. i really dont think so.

diabloII said:
...1.) you can't get into trouble for having those programs, the only way you can get into trouble if someone from the cia or fbi or whoever deals with that stuff downloads something off you via limewire or any other program that utilizes the gnutella network (1g, i supposed)
Correction, you CAN get into trouble over these programs IF your company has a policy regarding them.

Also, if this is a networked machine, and this guy is any kind of a worth-his-salt network admin, he can see whatever he wants.

yea he was older about 60 id say, thanks guys i feel better now, im new to all this shit so i really didnt know...thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom