Little help with a school project

Sh4ronn

Beta member
Hey all!

I've come here to ask for a little help on a school project I am currently working on.
I'm a first year student of Applied Gerontology in the Netherlands, It's a study where we discuss problems people encounter when they get older.

Right now we're doing a project together with SPARTA, It's a dutch cycling company, they asked us to come up with an add-on or new app for the e-bikes (electrical bikes) they produce.

I'm not at all familiair with the possibilities and technology when it comes to apps and stuff so I find it very hard to think of something you can add to a bike.

There are a couple of things that are already chosen, like a gps app just like google maps which takes you to the nearest hot spots and some form of alarm button for when someone falls of the bike.

I hope you guys can help me out a little bit here.

Sharon:kiss:

Hey all!

I've come here to ask for a little help on a school project I am currently working on.
I'm a first year student of Applied Gerontology in the Netherlands, It's a study where we discuss problems people encounter when they get older.

Right now we're doing a project together with SPARTA, It's a dutch cycling company, they asked us to come up with an add-on or new app for the e-bikes (electrical bikes) they produce.

I'm not at all familiair with the possibilities and technology when it comes to apps and stuff so I find it very hard to think of something you can add to a bike.

There are a couple of things that are already chosen, like a gps app just like google maps which takes you to the nearest hot spots and some form of alarm button for when someone falls of the bike.

I hope you guys can help me out a little bit here.

Sharon:kiss:

If this is particularly targeted towards the elderly and aging generation I would like to make possibly one or two suggestions if they are worth anything then I hope I can help.

If your looking to develop an App specifically then try to think of things the aging population will need while out cycling.

How about an app for toiletry needs. I know thats crude or not very pleasant but with in this App you could have a hot spot were you could actively engage with other people. Maybe develop a program around this to the point the App is interactive with regards to meeting people in the real world.

I presume their is a calorie and time monitor available. How about an SOS to a friend or family member or even the emergency services.

If you are developing an App for a stationary bike, ir. something to use in the home but need App software to use this. How about developing something what could be used on a tablet sized screen for interaction with the human body or again for use with the mobile bicycle for the aging population. A tablet size screen fitted to the bike in what actively monitors your vitals with the use of sensory equipment. This equipment could be wireless and interact with this tablet size device with say diagrams of the human body.

I know its something straight out of a fiction novel but if you were to have this base for the App being the hardware being a tablet you could could include with say a diagram of the human body. Pulse. Blood pressure. Maybe even brain activity and loss of fluid level and advice on when to top us using something like water and were to find your nearest hot spot.

If this is particularly targeted towards the elderly and aging generation I would like to make possibly one or two suggestions if they are worth anything then I hope I can help.

If your looking to develop an App specifically then try to think of things the aging population will need while out cycling.

How about an app for toiletry needs. I know thats crude or not very pleasant but with in this App you could have a hot spot were you could actively engage with other people. Maybe develop a program around this to the point the App is interactive with regards to meeting people in the real world.

I presume their is a calorie and time monitor available. How about an SOS to a friend or family member or even the emergency services.

If you are developing an App for a stationary bike, ir. something to use in the home but need App software to use this. How about developing something what could be used on a tablet sized screen for interaction with the human body or again for use with the mobile bicycle for the aging population. A tablet size screen fitted to the bike in what actively monitors your vitals with the use of sensory equipment. This equipment could be wireless and interact with this tablet size device with say diagrams of the human body.

I know its something straight out of a fiction novel but if you were to have this base for the App being the hardware being a tablet you could could include with say a diagram of the human body. Pulse. Blood pressure. Maybe even brain activity and loss of fluid level and advice on when to top us using something like water and were to find your nearest hot spot.

Hello Spud,

An app for toiletry needs sounds very good and could mean a lot to the target audience we're dealing with here.

We're definitely going to work this idea out a little bit more! It's not really going to be a physical app though since we just need a concept and this project is more about how we interact with the target audience and our client so it doesn't really matter your ideas come straight out of a fiction novel!

Thank you very much for your reply and good ideas!

Sharon

Back
Top Bottom