liters to grams??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
If I want to go from Liters (Volume) of something, to Grams, do I have to go to Moles in between?

If I do that, I have to know the molar mass of the element I am dealing with right?

Oh boy, don't even get me started on moles. Sooooo confusing!!! I do have some notes if you'd like me to show you.

Well I have a chem test tomarrow and this is the only thing I dont understand.

How about this :

You have 88.0g of NO2 , what is the Volume in Liters?

So what I did was:

88.0g NO2 X 22.4L (liters in a mole [the given])

46.005g (molar mass) X 1

King Henry Died Drinking Chocolate Milk...... K H D D C M .... kilogram, hectagram (or sumtin), Decagram....... Decimeter, Centimeter, Milimeter........ aha i went from weight to distance. whatever i remembered that from 5th grade.

hey, its been like 24 years since Ihad chem in highschool, off the top of my head if I remember right, isnt 1 mole=6.023x10^23 molecules of a molecule?Or im I nuts and thats just a useless number to me at this point?

Never had to do more than biology in highschool :p

you guys are too schmart fer me

horndude said:
hey, its been like 24 years since Ihad chem in highschool, off the top of my head if I remember right, isnt 1 mole=6.023x10^23 molecules of a molecule?Or im I nuts and thats just a useless number to me at this point?

you're right, but there is alot more to these equations than that lol

well cool, guess I havent killed ALL my brain cells at this point

hmmm, ok so doesnt the periodic table have a listing of mole weights er something, that and a quantity and your good to go?

I know, its complicated, wait till college it gets worse, I thought math basically stopped at calculus 2, nope not even close, I did ok in chem and physics but when we started writing equations to describe the operation of complex circuits like stereos I started having problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom