linux and Xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw it it looked interesting and there is a way to do it with abosolutly no modding that was very apealing. I even own the origanal mech warriors. But I do not have a method to put the linux file on my memory card which is such a shame.

I tried it a while back just for sh!ts and giggles. It is kind of cool, I just have no real use for it, but it runs fine.

if u got somthing like Action replay then it's not a problem..it is if u don't tho..and i got linux and windows CE running on my xbox :D

I have had my xbox modded for close to a year now. As the last person said, you will need the action replay doc to transfer the files, you can build your own if you like, just try searchin the net. The advantages are endless. You can backup your games on to dvd discs to ensure you will always have an extra. If your lazy and find puttin the disc in is too much work, you can burn the game staight to your hard-drive. It is even possible to run an internet browser as i do. You can run emulators as on any pc. This is just the half of it, i assure you.

I have a gameshark thing for xbox that gets saves and **** onto the memory card and i would try this but I stuck the memory card in a controller i was returning to walmart and forgot to take it out so somebody got an awesome christmas present.

All the games i have i beat and saved on the hard drive and memory card so they have the saves now.

heh you can get some emulators and freak out your freinds playing something like super smash bros on an xbox
rotfl.gif

I took apart my xbox a while back and it uses a computers hard drive which everyone already knows, so if i hook up a empty formatted hard drive and the xbox hard drive onto a computer and copied all the files from my xbox hard drive to say a 250gb hard drive i can change my xboxs hard drive from hte 10gb standard to a 250gb hard drive so i can have a really huge hard drive.

does anyone know if this is possible?

That will not work because the Xbox hard drive is locked for security and is unlocked at boot besides Linux on an xbox doesn't require any modding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom